Parents Meet Report District Championship

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well, Big D competed her Level 6 Jr. A District Championship last night and did good,

They started on vault and she got a 9.1 her highest score so far on vault and good enough for 2nd place
Then came bars, good routine, still working on getting those casts higher (they are working on cast to HS) got a 8.875, another 2nd place.
Beam, she got a 9.4 and she didn't like her score at all (this season scores on beam have been between 9.65 and 9.85), she didn't fall or had any big wobble, but she didn't hold her second handstand on the dismount as long as usual. her Coach also said that it was a low score for her routine, but it is what it is. She got 3rd place on beam.
Floor, good floor routine got a 9.275, good for 5th place.
All Around 36.35, 1st place all around District Champion! out of 17 girls.

So South State is in two weeks, back to training and cleaning those routines.

The cherry on top was that her team won 1st place Small Team.:D

Wow, those are some great scores and great placements. Congrats to her and good luck to her at States.

Those are great scores especially for level 6. Wow, great job... Good luck at States...

Sean

Amazing scores. Do you have any video. Good luck for states. She will do fantastic!

Congrats! She should be so proud of those scores. I too would love to see some video. My daughter, Emma, a level 4 loves to watch the videos our of new online friends!

Congrats to her! :applause: She should be very proud of those scores. Hey, if she doesn't want that 9.4 on beam my dd will take it! :p Good luck at States!

Wow, awesome scores for her at Level 6! Congrats to her on such a great meet and on 1st place AA! Fantastic. She is going to have a great State meet.

Meg

Thanks for all your comments. I have videos , but I don't like to post them on you tube, I have them in my facebook account and only my friends can see them (sorry, but in these days I don't want my DD's videos all over the internet).

I totally understand. My dd doesn't like me to post videos of her either. But we do love to watch everyone else. OUr Uk routines are so different we cant contribute much anyway. Let us know how she gets on at state.

You guys have high scores! A 9.4 is an awesome score here--a 9.65 is nearly unheard of and I've never seen a 9.85 at any event. She should be proud of what she did :)

You guys have high scores! A 9.4 is an awesome score here--a 9.65 is nearly unheard of and I've never seen a 9.85 at any event. She should be proud of what she did :)

Those has being her highest score ever in any event or level, she has won beam in almost every meet this season, so she was disappointing of a 3rd place (lowest so far this season). She works really hard in polishing that routine and has practically no wobble at all during it. Here in Texas a handful of gymnasts will have those high scores on beam, very competitive down here.

Those are awesome scores! Dissappointed with a 9.4? Wow.. She's got some high standards! But that's OK, whatever it takes. :)

Best wishes for states!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back