Meet Report - First Level 7 Meet!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JessMom

Proud Parent
Jess and her teammates were all so excited to be a "big kid" and start their level 7 season.

We started on vault and started the season with a nice 9.15

But then off to bars . . . oh bars, how we despise thee . . . 7.35! we were very happy to start the season on bars over a 7.

Beam . . . I'm not quite sure why but she was nervous about not being able to "touch" the beam to measure her dismount. It was funny watching her hover over the beam and mentally measure. I held my breath the entire time - especially since she didn't seem to dismount in warm up. She had a beautiful routine 9.5 first place!

Last floor, she is a good tumbler. She score 9.15 which I thought was low. I think she looses a lot of points in her leaps and jumps. What can ya do, she'll get the height when she grows LOL

All in all a great start to the season and a great start in level 7.

The most important part is she had a great time and was very proud of herself. :)

I wish everyone a great start to the season - relax and enjoy it all (even when your holding your breath LOL)

Last edited:
I clicked on the link to your youtube channel hoping to see a meet video, but wasn't able to access it. So then I clicked on your other link, just to see what that was, and ended up buying my daughter a gymnastics journal. So now you need to post a video since clicking on your links just cost me $25! ;) Can't wait to see the journal though. I was thinking Christmas, but I'm guessing I won't be able to wait that long. I'll probably end up giving it to her at her next meet.

I clicked on the link to your youtube channel hoping to see a meet video, but wasn't able to access it. So then I clicked on your other link, just to see what that was, and ended up buying my daughter a gymnastics journal. So now you need to post a video since clicking on your links just cost me $25! ;) Can't wait to see the journal though. I was thinking Christmas, but I'm guessing I won't be able to wait that long. I'll probably end up giving it to her at her next meet.

LOL, THANKS! I hope you like the book! It's been slow going but everyone seems really happy with it

I had a "creeper" on one of h er videos on Youtube and ended up making them all private until I'm comfy again. But I'll post her video link here :) probably tomorrow

It is early - they even made an announcement reminding the parents and gymnasts that it is early and they should all be proud they were ready to compete at all.

On bars I think her only disappointment was the stoop on - she really wanted to go for it but decided against it. Probably wouldn't have made a difference in score - but she wanted to do it. That was her only regret. she said she felt like she could've gotten it - but just didn't go for it.

What an amazing start to her L7 season.

Got ahold of the higher powers to fix my boo boo in managing to split this thread. Ugh. They will get it fixed as soon as they come back on and see.

I have messaged JBS to fix this for me. In my efforts to move this to the meet forum, I managed to seperate the thread. He will get it all put back together soon. Sorry

Wow what a beam routine that must have been! I can't wait to see it! Seems like floor went great too! Good for her! Congrats to her on getting that first meet done, I am sure those bars scores will creep up as she goes.

What a great start to the season! Her routines were beautiful, especially beam. And that might not be the kind of score she's used to on bars, but it's not too shabby for a first level 7 meet. I'm sure it will be right up there with the rest of the events with just a little time, that seems to be the event that takes the longest to catch on to- especially at the higher levels. Her beam is absolutely fabulous, looks more like a level 8 routine. She really shines up there. Way to go on a great first meet!

What a great start to the season! Her routines were beautiful, especially beam. And that might not be the kind of score she's used to on bars, but it's not too shabby for a first level 7 meet. I'm sure it will be right up there with the rest of the events with just a little time, that seems to be the event that takes the longest to catch on to- especially at the higher levels. Her beam is absolutely fabulous, looks more like a level 8 routine. She really shines up there. Way to go on a great first meet!

thank you! her bar scores have been low and my expectations for level 7 bars was really low and I was thrilled with the 7.35. her start was 8.4...so really proud of her. giants are coming along and she hopes to have giant giant flyaway before states :)

Great job! Bet she is happy to have the first one out of the way :). Balance beam was beautiful and floor routine had me tapping my foot to the beat lol. Thanks for sharing -My DD's first L7 meet isn't until mid Jan. and it's weird not having a meet in the fall after these years of compulories.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back