Parents Meet Report! First "official" L6 meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

htimcj

Proud Parent
DD had her first "official" L6 meet this weekend. She did Judge's Cup a couple of weeks ago and did well but she doesn't consider it an official meet because it doesn't do any awards. Good warm up meet so she like it. She had a very solid meet. Not her best, vault was an almost disaster. She said the spring board was really really springy so she had to keep adjusting her steps to get it kind of right. She scored a 7.9 and didn't place. That was a huge drop from the judge's cup but it was a definite miss yesterday. She placed 3rd on the beam with an 8.625. A few bobbles here and there and a whimpy leap. On bars she placed 5th with an 7.45. She was the most proud of this score (me too) because she really went for the connection and big casts but she fell on the squat on. Got her feet up there and everything but just couldn't lean forward. During warm up she had connected everything but right now it is still a very hit and miss proposition. She placed 4th on the floor beating her previous score by a full point with a 8.375. Front tuck is still a bit low and several steps on the front handspring pass. And to top it off she placed 4th all around with a 32.35!
We all thought that it was a good solid start and with a bit more polishing she is well on her way to a great year! Now it is on to Lady Luck next week!

Congrats on a good meet :)...L6 scoring is tough, isn't it? The rest of her bars must have been great to get a 7.45 w/ a fall...my DD gets scores like that w/o falling! Those are great scores on beam and floor for L6...I'm seeing lots of 6's and 7's on those two events for routines w/o any major mistakes, especially on floor, so anything above 8.25 is something to be proud of :)... Great job.

Thanks! I am putting together a video and that I will show soon hopefully! The scoring was really tough. At least it is tough for everyone!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back