Meet report for all 3!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

UnoMas

Proud Parent
First of all tiny DD had her preteam exhibition and it was the cutest thing ever. They did floor and beam...no bars so she did not get to try out her new pullover. Oh well. They could have stood there and did nothing and it would have still been awesome because they are all so cute. I hope to get some video of her up soon...but I am wiped out from the crazy weekend.

My older DD was fighting a few mental battles and had some trouble on the beam...lost her BWO on beam completely and then had to take it out of her routine and throw in a cartwheel which she has not done in months. She fell off and forgot several skills and had an unpleasant beam score (7.5). Landed her full turn again beautifully though. :) But lots of others must have had trouble on beam too because she got 5th out of 11 girls with all that! Her floor routine was absolutely beautiful...she has come so far as a dancer and a performer. She had a 9.225 for 2nd place (first medal this season). Her start value on bars was only 9.5 which is odd since it was 10 at the last meet and the same routine...but what do I know. She had an 8.55 or something like that on bars. Vault was good for her, so much better than last year, but scores were kind of low, I think she had an 8.45. Her AA was 33 something so down from last meet because of beam. She is going to take the BWO out of her beam routine I think. I hope.;)

Little DD accomplished a BIG goal. She did all 4 events with all the skills with no spots AND no falls!!!:D If you know little DD's story you will know that is a big accomplishment! Her vault score was way down, she piked...a lot...but all of the other scores were up nicely and she even pulled an 8.2 on bars! She had some trouble on the leg cut back or it would have been a little higher. I am really really proud of her. Her scores do not show it but she had a great meet! AA was 31.1 or so, which is a personal best.

Overall a good meet and for sure an exhausting one. I am amazed by our new team and the way the girls (especially older DD's teammates) support each other. Older DD was a wreck with beam and her teammates were absolutely wonderful with her...it was an absolute delight to see. :):):)

Great job by all your girls! Understanding the start values is very confusing to me too. I seems like same routine has a different start value each time. IDK...someday I hope to understand it! And way to go to your middle DD meeting all her goals and bringing her AA up! Hopefully your littlest was not too disappointed that she did not get to "show off" her pullover! Next time hopefully!!

I don't know if I could handle the stress of 3 meets !!! you ate a better woman then me !!!

great job to all 3 of your girls. kinda stinksbthat littlist didnt get to show off her pullover. fears stink, my DD finds the bwo easier than the cartwheel but managed to not fall all season which is great. way to go on all 4 events & the big bar score !!!!

WOW, what a busy time. Whew! First..WTG Momma..for not losing your mind..lol. And WTG to all your DDs.

Your itty bitty DD for getting to show off her skills on floor and beam..and she will get to show the world that pull over soon enough.

Your little DD for getting all 4 routines without spots.

Your older DD for kicking butt on floor. Hopefully she works through the beam issues and figures out works best for her. Weird that a exact routine would get different start values from meet to meet.

I think you are the one deserving of an award for maintaing your sanity after such a crazy weekend! But it sounds like you, and your girls handle it all very well. Good for your DD for managing a few bright spots in her beam routine while dealing with that darn mental block, it can be easy to let everything fall apart when one skill is really throwing you for a loop. Her floor routine sounds great!
And congrats to middle DD for getting a personal best and meeting personal goals, it sounds like she's come a long way and it's fabulous she's able to see that progress. And little DDs performance sounds too cute. I love those little bitties!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back