Parents Meet Report: L3 'Fun' meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

Midget's Dad

So we had our first meet on Saturday. More geared towards fun and identifying coaching opportunities, and to let some of the newer girls see what they will be getting into in a month or so.

Midget looked really good in warmups on beam, floor, and bars. Vault though, well lets just say her run looked more like a frog than a 6 yo girl. And every practice vault she hit the middle of the board, once pretty much pancaking into the side of the mat. To say I was expecting the worst is an understatement. LOL

I figure rather than boring you with a story though I will let the video speak for itself. But I will just go ahead and say we were blown away!

[youtube]<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AYg_NK3LFUA&hl=en&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AYg_NK3LFUA&hl=en&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>[/youtube]

She is really super cute and did great! Glad she had fun at her first level 3 meet of the season! I love the stories though. Play by plays are so fun! Especially when they don't have a video yet to go along, you can just see it all happening in your mind. We love videos around here though.

Love having more dads on here!! So fun to see them interested in their DDs gymnastics and learning about it. And love getting a dad's perspective on things, too.

Awww I love watching level 3, they don't have too much L3 around here. You DD was too cute and yes, I love when they just amaze you & blow you away with all they bring to a meet. Looks like she is off to a good start this season.

That was beautiful! You have every reason to be proud. I hope she recognizes and feels proud of her accomplishments too!!

I posted to your youtube as well. These girls deserve all the accolades we can offer;)

She is very proud of herself. The medals from last year are in teh process of being moved from her medal display so the new ones can dominate. I need to come up with something for the ones from last year though. Maybe a curtain rod. Hmm

The big things for me that stood out.

Beam - Her mount and the leg swing to push up position were as good as she has ever done them. If you look at last years videos you will see her swing up on her leg and then scoot over onto her rear end, this time she got the swing all the way over and sat perfectly centered, no shifting!! She fell on the turn? She never does that. Ah well she handled it great though. Pretty dismount :D

Floor - Her lines were beautiful. The only things I noticed were some shuffling feet, other than that she nailed it and the 9.3 was the best score she has ever gotten on anything. The whole gym erupted when the score went up, and the grin on her face was so awesome.

Vault - During warm ups she looked like a running frog, legs all over the place, and then she kept hitting the middle of the spring board. Her 1st warm up vault was a crash into the mat. 2nd was pretty good, 3rd I think her head hit the mat edge and caused her to roll over. But then during the real one (after I got the camera focused at the last second) she did awesome, the frog was gone, she hit the sweet spot on the board and she made that nice roll. For some reason they only did 1 vault though but she did great.

Bars - Apparently the Midget told her coach she did not need to stand on any mats to do her mount. LOL Anyway she obviously got it but good lord it hurt my abs watching her holding herself up there before she got pulled over. With the mat she just goes right up and over. Back hip circle was beautiful I thought. Mill circle is still blech, she is so close though. She really nailed the swing part of the dismount and just the one step. Her progression on bars from last year to this year is really the most obvious. It makes sense though as it is her favorite event.

I thought she did great, and the judges are a few of the same ones we see throughout the year so just because it was 'fun' I feel that they were judged well.

The one off the wall comment that came out of it was when the Midget watched the level 4s go and she turned to me after a few (from our gym and the others) got spots on their BHS and said "I can do that whole routine, if I can get the spot for the handspring, I want to be level 4." Not sure what to do about that.

Excellent job Bella..

What a fun first meet? I had never seen level 3 routines before. They were so adorable. I think she is going to do well. She has a joy about her that is very encouraging to see.. Good luck the rest of the season. Please keep up posted on her progress... Thanks,

Sean

The one off the wall comment that came out of it was when the Midget watched the level 4s go and she turned to me after a few (from our gym and the others) got spots on their BHS and said "I can do that whole routine, if I can get the spot for the handspring, I want to be level 4." Not sure what to do about that.

Welcome to the wonderful world of team gymnastics! Sounds like she's hooked! Get ready!:lovestruck:

She did a great job and should be very proud!:applause:

Great first meet Bella! She really nailed that vault! It's amazing how they can surprise you when it's time to actually compete. Looks like she is in for a great L4 season. Hopefully she's training L4 as well so you can just tell her to think how great she will do at L4 with a whole year to work on her skills. :)

Meg

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News