Parents Meet Report L8 and video

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmom14

Proud Parent
Em went to the Manhattan Classic last weekend. She had a really good meet for herself. She is a 1st year level 8 and I have come to realize there are a ton doing L8 for the 2nd year. Must be very common.

YouTube - Manhattan Classic Level 8

Started on floor and did her best routine of the year and earned her 1st 9 in level 8!!!! 9.175 - 9th place
Vault was next. Only competed a front handspring. She hurt her foot last monday and didn't want to risk further injury since states are next weekeend. 8.4 Best front handspring I ever saw her do.

Bars- was really struggling in practice last week. Did a very nice bar routine 8.375

Beam- darn full turn. 8.7 with a fall. Finally getting a consistant connection on her series. I am really proud of her for that. She was so frustrated over it. 12th place

Thanks for watching!

WTG Em. Looks like over all she had a pretty good meet. I think she did a wonderful job. And WTG on her 1st 9. I loved seeing her smile after bars.

She did a beautiful floor routine! Her tumbling is really awesome. Congratulations on a great meet and good luck at State!

Hey floor routine is great. And so is her beam routine. Those stupid full turns they always get you when you least expect it at any level. Good luck at staes she is going to do great.

Her floor routine is really cute! She has very nice poise. I thought it was great how proud she was after bars!
Loved the expresssion. That's what it's all about :)

I loved her floor routine! Her routine and music are very dramatic!! She looked so proud after bars!! Great job!!

Wow! I'm always so impressed by the higher-level routines. It's hard to imagine my DD every being able to do those things!

She's adorable! My gymnast is also a 1st year level 8 and I was surprised to see so many doing the level again. Though it makes sense because the jump from 8 to 9 is huge and many need that extra time to get ready for 9. Anyway, WTG, Em.

What a great meet for her. I agree with MaryA..very impressive! I have absolutely NO personal gymnastic experience and in a very short amount of time, I have probably only begun to realize the dedication that all gymnasts have...Wow...Amazing to me; such an incredible sport to watch. WTG to your daughter.

She did wonderful!!! I just love her floor routine, she does it so beautifully!!! Congrats on your first 9 and a great meet!!!

Thanks for all the kind words. This sport is a lot of work. My dd will never be one of those kids with a 38 AA, but she has come a long way. She always had 1 very weak event (bars). The kip did not come easy to her. I am proud of her perseverance. A few weeks ago she went through a whole woe is me time where she was thinking a bit about quitting. She is in a training group where she is the "worst" one in it. Everyone else is training L9 and L10. She was frustrated and had a slight break down. It is funny how a little bit of progress and a good meet can be so uplifting.

Thanks for sharing, I thought it was beautiful, I loved her artistry on the floor! CONGRATS on her 1st nine! Perseverance goes a long way and glad it paid off at the meet.

Nice job! Love her floor routine, nice first front tumbling pass (and I really like her leo!), a well deserved 9 on floor for sure! Love that she had a good bar routine after struggling during practice, you can see how happy she is with herself! And her beam was really pretty, darn full turn. Congrats to her on a great meet!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back