Parents Meet Report: TN Compulsory States

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

Midget's Dad

Level 3 states were last night and I have to say it was a great experience. The venue was very nice and the meet was run very well I thought. 62 girls competing level 3, 19 in Midget's group.

If you recall I had asked for vault and bar fairies and a good thing too. Guess what our first 2 events were? Uh huh, vault and bars.

Vault:
Midget's run has improved in the last 2 days by leaps and bounds. Warm-ups were ok though now that I watched a bunch of other girls I think ours are used to too high of a stack of mats. They just dont get the same arc onto the mats with a straight arm handstand prior to the roll. More like a dive and just roll. But I digress.

First vault was a fault. She hit the board and pretty much just ran into the mats. The look on her face of panic just broke my heart. She knows what to do on a fall but this was not in her playbook. Second vault was make or break and I thought she did very well in shaking off the first one. She got a 7.9 which is an improvement over last meet. Placed 18th though.

Bars:
Her mount was much improved, legs together and straight. Still no Mill and a few bobbles here and there, but so much better than the last meet, and the score showed it. 7.9, a full point higher than last meet. Good enough for 9th place.

Beam:
Midget's best event. Lets just say I thought she rocked it and the judges agreed. 9.05 and 2nd place!!

Floor:
Typically Midget does really well on floor and this was no exception. She had some very minor bobbles, mostly foot shuffles, but she scored an 8.6 and got 8th.

All-Around:
33.45 and 8th place in all-around at states. Personally I am thrilled to death! I am so proud of her not only for the full performance but especially because she walked away from that first vault and just shook it off to do so well.

Video will be up in a few days. But wow that was an awesome time.

Congratulations! What a great improvement on bars. I remember one time at a meet my older daughter crashed into the vault table on her first attempt, and that is so nerve wracking knowing that you only have one chance to do the vault. I'm glad your dd was able to pull it together and have a great rest of the meet. Way to go!

I think she did great and it sounds like it was a good experience for all. I know you are very proud !!

Will she start prepping for L4 now ?

Sounds like a great meet with some nice improvements and some nice rewards. Glad you enjoyed the experience.

My youngest did the vault splat two years ago, first gymnasts of the day and she splatted into the mat stack twice, she was moritified as it was not a problem before. It is good for them to learn how to move on.

WTG! She did a great job--nice that she shook off the first vault attempt and went on to do well the rest of the meet--lots of older girls struggle with that!

Yay!! Congrats to Midget for such a great meet! Especially for shaking off a hard first event. That in itself is a huge accomplishment. :) Can't wait to see the video. Glad she had a great State meet!

I think she did great and it sounds like it was a good experience for all. I know you are very proud !!

Will she start prepping for L4 now ?

Not yet, she is competing in the Magical Classic in Orlando in February, and a non-sanctioned meet in January for fun. After the Magical Classic she should move to 4.

Way to go Midget:)
Sounds like she had a great meet:) Vault for Madi is very hit and miss too so we know how you feel.
Congratulations on a great State Meet:)

Glad to hear she did so well! What a trooper for moving on after her first vault. We've all been there, I think. She showed a lot of poise and maturity to shake it off like she did and move on. Good for her!! :applause: :highfive:

Great job Bella! It sounds like she made a lot of improvement and had a really great meet. I suspect your coaches are looking forward to the Level 4 vault, which is why they have the mats higher. At level 3 it may be causing some issues but in the long run, at Level 4 she will be better off. Anyway, congrats to Bella on 8th place AA and 2nd place on beam!!

Meg

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back