Meet report!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

UnoMas

Proud Parent
Well, older DD and younger DD had their home meet yesterday. It was my little DD's first "big" meet. Thank you to all who gave suggestions on how to reassure her...and guess what..SHE HAD FUN!:)
There were no places given since it is level 2, which I loved, just ribbons for scores and an all around medal.
She was pretty much in the 8's except for floor which I think the judges were pretty mean on!:(
vault 8.65
beam 8.00 (really good fwd roll!)
bars 8.10
floor 7.00:(
She has a lot of things to work on before our next in-house meet...it will be interesting to see what she figures out.

Older DD was the victim of some tough scoring on floor and beam, especially floor. Look at the video and see what you think about the floor and the 8.950. I'm interested to see what deductions people see.
Anyway she had fun too, here is the report...
Vault 9.05 (no place) personal best
Beam 8.25 (9th place) really low score here:(
Bars 9.400 (2nd place) pretty awesome, if it were not for a couple pauses would have been higher
Floor 8.950 (4th place and best RO BHS she has ever done in her life!)
AA 35.65 (6th place out of 18)

So, not her best meet but good scores besides the beam. She definitely had some bobbles and issues but I still thought it was low. Last meet was 9.250 on beam.

Videos are up...excuse the shakes, I am still learning the new cam! Thanks to all for your support. Little DD had a really positive experience for her first BIG meet ever. As you can see by her adorable marching and overall bounciness!

YouTube - kelkamp's Channel

It's great that they had fun, you must be very proud. What level is your older DD in? I think I might be the same level, 4, but it's like 6 in America.

Older DD is in USAG level 4 (very excited to soon be a level 5!) and little DD is in USAG level 2. Thanks for the compliments.!

I thought she looked great. We were at this meet on Saturday morning in the snow. It was pretty rough going for my DD and her team mates. Warm ups were awful, and it trickled into their routines. It was their worst meet of the season, but I still thought some of the scoring was low for some of their routines.

It was their worst meet of the season, but I still thought some of the scoring was low for some of their routines.

We thought the bars scores were pretty low. My DD has been in the 9.3-9.5 range all season and got a 9.0 at this meet, same with some of her teammates. Oh well!:rolleyes:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back