Parents Meet report!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymMom67

Proud Parent
Judge
DD had a good meet today! She is Level 3. She got a 9.5 on vault - 4th place, 9.3 on bars - 5th place, 9.3 on beam - 4th place, 8.9 on floor - didn't place, 37.0 all around - 5th place. She competed old level 3 last year. This was her first 37 all around score. Darn that .1 she didn't get on floor and she would have had all 9's!

That's a great meet! My DD competes L3 in a week and I have told her not to expect too many 9s on the first meet. Are you east or west coast?
Some of the scores here on the east coast are starting out LOW.

That's a great meet! My DD competes L3 in a week and I have told her not to expect too many 9s on the first meet. Are you east or west coast?
Some of the scores here on the east coast are starting out LOW.

We're in Texas. This was our second meet. Overall, the scores seemed to be lower than they were in the first one, but my DD's scores were overall higher. The majority of the scores I saw were in the 8's. I think the judges are still trying to figure it all out as well.

Those are great scores! We are in TN, and those would have earned her higher places, at our meet, yesterday :p. We saw *very* few 9's, compared to last season (we are also new level 3s).
Great job!

Great job!

We are in the middle of our 2nd meet of the year (older DD competed yesterday, younger one is today). From what we saw at the last meet and yesterday, 9s are being pretty rare for now. A 37 AA here would have definitely taken 1st place!!

(we are normally in GA; but are competing in AL this weekend... though at least 5 of the judges are from GA.

Those are great scores! We are in TN, and those would have earned her higher places, at our meet, yesterday :p. We saw *very* few 9's, compared to last season (we are also new level 3s).
Great job!
Then you must've been in our area yesterday. I had checked out scores and was surprised to see how few scores were in the 9's. Do you think the judging was tougher or that the kids were just not quite competition ready (because of new routines)?

WOW, I was not expecting to see meet reports in September! In our region I don't think there are any until mid-october! Congrats to your DD on a fantastic meet! A 37 is not very common here at any level! I was expecting the scores to be lower this year over all because of all the changes to the levels and routines! Maybe that won't be the case after all !!

Then you must've been in our area yesterday. I had checked out scores and was surprised to see how few scores were in the 9's. Do you think the judging was tougher or that the kids were just not quite competition ready (because of new routines)?
I think that our girls were quite ready, honestly. First meet last year (old level 3s) only one girl made her stride circle. This year, every girl made their entire bar routine. Each of them also got their ROBHS. The routines were new, but they looked good, to me. I have to think the judges were a little tougher...whether it is because the routines are new or because the girls are an "older" level, now, I don't know.
Oh, and we were in Knoxville, yesterday :)

37 is an amazing score, especially for the beginning of the season! With a score like that I would assume top 3.Sounds like tough competition around there! Great job.

Just as a reference: in the JR division (that my daughter competed in), level 3, there were only 5 9s given...and they were all on vault.
There were a few more in the SR division, as I think one would expect.

Wow, that's not high enough placement for such great scores! You must have some tough competition there. But awesome job!

So exciting to see the competition season start! We still have 6 week before our first meet.

Thanks everyone! I didn't realize the competition was so tough here, but I guess it is. Most of the girls at this level who place at the top are scoring in the 38's. In looking at scores, I have noticed that the top scores go down a bit as the girls move up in levels, though.

Thanks everyone! I didn't realize the competition was so tough here, but I guess it is. Most of the girls at this level who place at the top are scoring in the 38's.

Competition is pretty tough in Texas and placing well is not an easy thing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back