Meet Results(level 4)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This weekend I had my first competition of the season (level 4)
Going into the competition my main goals were:
- do good frontwalkover on beam
- don't fall off beam
- do straddle up on bars
- stick landing on bars and beam dismounts
- Try to stick vault
- stay tight all through floor routine
I made almost all my goals accept i took a tiny step on my bars dismount and i didn't stick vault but it was still good.
Medals:
Vault - 1st
Bars - 3rd (my biggest accomplishment, the best I'v ever gotten on bars was fifth, i hate bars :p)
Beam - 1st (tied)
Floor - 2nd (i kind of messed up my RO BHS backtuck - I'm not used to spring floors and my BHS was too high and backtuck was lower than usual, my coach said it was still high and wouldn't have been noticealbe if i didn't make a funny face lol)
AA - 2nd:D
Overall i had a really good competition and had no major mistakes in any of my routines

If i get my actual scores I'll add them. Might be getting them monday!
(...next competition im moving up to level 5)

..I hope i posted this in the right spot =/

I don't even know..normally our coach gets a sheet that has everyone's scores on it and then she photocopies it for us. Why, do you normally know them at the competition?

Nice job!

99%of the time we get our scores right after the event, but there is one meet, "The Shamrock Surprise", where the scores are tallied in secret:D. It's actually kind of fun-last year, I got my top all-around score there! I can't go this year though because I have a major music competition that day. Well done once again!

YIKES! level 4 must be different in Canada, no way my dd could do any of that yet. Sounds like a great meet though, lots of 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. I usually write down scores at the meet and at the end AA scores & individual scores for medals are announced as awards are given out. By the next day scores are posted online or the coach e-mails us with the link to the host gym site.

My DD (6) makes faces all the time....and talks while doing her beam routine. At her first meet she LOL thru the entire bars routine. She's like me, LOL thru stressful moments. Good luck with the rest of your season!

My DD (6) makes faces all the time....and talks while doing her beam routine. At her first meet she LOL thru the entire bars routine. She's like me, LOL thru stressful moments. Good luck with the rest of your season!

Haha that's funny. Recently I've been talking through my beam routine, and I'm 16! lol We had a judge come to our gym to judge our routines to make sure they were ready for competition and when i landed my frontwalkover on beam i was like "YES"....oh wait I'm not supposed to be talking, Ok, I'll stop now." ya it was funny!
I also talk during my floor routine at practice...people always laugh at me..but meh
:D

...oh and my coach forgot to bring and photocopy the scores sheet so i will have them by thursday.

Thanks for everyone's comments :D lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back