Parents Meet Season Questions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I thought it was standard. It is a lot of money at $65 a meet and since this is our first year i do find it a bit overwhelming. You do not have to attend all meets, but of course they do encourage them to attend as many as possible. As a matter a fact, all girls that attend all of the meets get a "free" leo.:cool: So we will make it to as many as our budget allows.

Monique
Briana 5 year old level 1 Kayla 3 year old rec gym

It is nice that you have the option to attend or not. It seems that more and more gyms are starting to compete levels 2-4, I am not sure how I feel about it as I do not have children in the US system, but I do appreciate that you have the choice.

We only do three meets, they are about $50 each, but are very boring, no themes or fun stuff at all. THere are some awesome meets in the US that I am very jealous of.

In our state in the south and neighboring states, level ones compete. It is the norm here. By level 4 they are old pros at it. LOL

In NJ compulsory season is in the fall ending with states in January/Feb then the optional goes until May-nationals.
For my gymmie it has been averaging around 9 meet total with 3 of those being sectionals and 1 states. The other 5 or so are invitational for fun/experience competing as well as to qualify for sectionals. Some are out of state (Like to Baltimore for the Christmas on the Chesapeake meet) where all the levels go and it is fun be all together :)
:( have not gotten the meet schedule yet for this year so far only know of the 1 meet at her gym.

At this point we're scheduled to do 5 meets, not including states. Our first meet is in December, then we have 2 in January and 2 in February. They said they may be adding one or two more. I hope they do because they'd be going from mid February to the end of April without a meet. Our season runs from October to April, or basically whenever you want to start competing. There are some early meets here in PA in October but none of our girls are ready for those yet.

As far as qualifying for states, as long as you score a certain score in the all around at a USAG sanctioned meet, you go. In level 5 it was a 32.00. Level 6 was a 31.00. I have to check and see what Level 7 is. I think it may be a 32. Level 7 states are at the end of April next year.

I have couple of different questions for the group.

1. When does your season start and end? We begin Nov and end with States in April.

2. How many meets do you have on your schedule? This year we have 7-8 counting states. I wish we had more is this an average number?

3. How many count for States? Currently we only have 4-5 that count for states. We have one meet that only 2nd year's are getting to attend. So really we only have 4 meets that will count for states.

Thanks!

1. We compete year round, doing a spring season and a fall season. Move ups are after the spring season.

2. We have 6 meets plus Zones (if they qualify) and then States (if they get a qualifying score at Zones) in the fall with 2-3 meets in the spring depending on the year.

3. 5 of the 6 meets can qualify you to Zones and you must score a 34.5 at Zones to qualify for States.

1. When does your season start and end? There are 2 seasons here for compulsories, Fall runs Sept-Nov and Spring runs Jan-April. Optionals run December-March (except for those that qualify to Regionals and/or Nationals)

2. How many meets do you have on your schedule? It depends on whether you are competing fall or spring or both, and that depends on the gym. Some do both, some do only fall, some do only spring (for compulsories). This year the compulsories have 5 including States for the Fall. Spring isn't out yet. Not all kids compete fall and not all compete spring, depends on the kid and the coach. Spring there are usually 5 meets, too, with the last being the Spring Championships (though Fall is the official State Championship for compulsories here). A gym that our friends go to, they only compete fall and they are doing 8 meets including states.

3. How many count for States? Most meets here are sanctioned and are qualifiers. For levels 4-6, you only have to get a 28AA at one meet. For levels 7-10 a 31AA at one meet.

Wow we only have one season here. In the past it has ran from Nov through May. We have been on the same schedule as the optional levels. Two of our meets are out of state so they do not count for us to qualify for States. That is what is killer. OUr gym requires our girls to have a higher score than the state minimum to qualify. Sounds like our schedule is about average. I guess for the amount of training the girls do I am always going to want more meets.

Good luck to everone this season

Out of state meets

As long as our meets are sanctioned, then we can petetion to have them included for our needs for state. Easier to just do a couple of state meets though.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back