MAG Meet Time

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
First meet of the season tomorrow morning. My son is sooooo excited but also worried cuz its a tough meet! We've never traveled out of state for a meet before.

Have fun!!! Out of state meets are sometimes the best! you never know waht you expect. Hope it goes well and he has a great time!

THanks!

I don't know how many of this are affected by this news but....Men's Region IV Championship meet has moved to April 12-14.

The boys just did Judge's Cup today. My younger one didn't do as well as expected (although he stayed up way late for the two nights prior out of excitement, and the difference was noticeable), and my older boy did better than expected. It was interesting, because we are new to all of this.

There were a few teams there I was totally impressed with, and I asked around among the parents where the teams were from, but no one seemed to know (weird). We left hastily, and I never did find out. How do I find out the teams in attendance? Anyone know?

There should be results on the gyms website....may be there already, but probably tomorrow.

My little guy didn't do as well as expected today. He had some very weird mistakes. Lapse of concentration. Like a wonky roll out of a dive roll. And he had his kip, then fell right down. Now that was really strange. He was happy with his pbars and rings, but the rest was not his best effort. Oh well, first Level 5 meet under your belt, he had fun, and so that is all that matters! He will definitely do better next time!!

Ok, now here is my big vent. So, this was a boys and girls meet. Wouldn't you think the girls and boys would be treated the same? Nooo, of course not. Lets ignore those boys and give everything to the girls.

Soooo.....girls got medals for the events. Boys did not. Double standard?
and then....during the awards, the girls were blaring the sound. I knew the name of all the winners for one of the sessions. And I was no where close to them. The boys....during our awards, somone told the announcer to turn it down! Then, we could barely hear her.

I guess I had a bad feeling about this meet from the very moment I saw it on my son's meet schedule. Oh well, as I said before....we only have one way to go and that is up :)

Glad you survived the first one, J&A's mom and Gymboyzmom! As for finding out the teams, they will often post results at the host gym's site a week or so after the meet. I hope both boys had a good time! When's your next one?

J&A, I would be ticked too! At the girls/boys meet we were at, I remember remarking during the meet that the setup was really good -- we did NOT have to listen to an entire session's worth of Level 5 floor music! And that is just ridiculous about the medals. I have no idea what the girls got at the meet we attended, but for the boys, they went out ten places with medals, which was really good for our young, inexperienced L5 team. But I'm glad your little guy had fun and did really well on two events! The nice thing about the guys (as compared to the girls) is that I think it's harder to tank on six events than four, LOL!

Edited to add: stupid kip!

Having the first meet under your belt is always a good thing!!! Glad the boys had fun :) That is the best part.

We have only been to 1 meet that was boys and girls, and it was a pretty good experience. They also had a trampoline/tumbling meet going on, so they were running 3 meets in the same venue. IT was really quite fun! I have no idea what they did for the awards for the other ones. The only thing I noticed was the stuff for sale was all for girls (leos, scrunchies, pins, bags.) I think there were a few shirts for the boys but most for the girls. Saved me a lot of money!!

Speaking of leo sales at meets, I still cannot believe that GK never figured out they could make some money by selling knockoffs of the singlets the men's team wore at the Olympics (as they do for the women's team leos). My little guy would KILL for one, especially since his young coach just instituted a "only singlets" rule at practice.

They are finally downloading the scores. But, as only could be expected, they are starting with the girls. Lol.

There are no scores at the Judge's Cup. They give letter grades. ;)
The next meet is in Jan, which will be their first meet with actual scores, and the gym it's held at is awesome. I think that one will be fun.

My son, who stayed home on Tues after getting sick in his bed when he woke up, informed me that he has felt sick since Sunday. He said that he didn't want to tell me because he knew I would keep him home from the meet. NO WONDER he didn't look like himself. lol.

This after being so hard on himself for how he did at the meet. Then I mentioned that being sick was probably why, he was like, you're right mom, I really didn't feel as strong as usual. :) second graders. So smart, yet..... :)

Agggh! Yes, apparently the Worst Thing In The World is to miss a meet -- just ask our L6 girls' team, which had three compete at their first meet with strep. And yes, it did not go well! Sigh. Anyway, I hope the big guy is feeling better by now.

I'm pretty sure my daughter got the Flu she's sick with at the meet on Sunday. I wish I would have had that premonition and I would have stayed home!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back