Parents Meets per year?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Not sure what you mean but;

We have meets almost every weekend from mid sept - just before thanksgiving then usually the first weekend or two in Dec there is a Winter state dependiong on the level.

Jan comes around and we have a meet almost every weekend until April then there is a Spring States usually at the end of april into the begining of may depending on the level

Well I didn't realize there were 2 sets of state meets and since I have no idea how to qualify I just wonderd how you get to compete in both. That seems pretty cool to be able to qualify for 2 sets of state meets!!

I know our state has only 1 state meet for each level. You need to get a certain score to qualify for states at level 4 but in the higher levels you need a certain score to qualify to sectionals and than at sectionals you need a certain score to get to states. I think these requirements and scores vary from state to state. You can try looking up your state gymnastic website.

Well I didn't realize there were 2 sets of state meets and since I have no idea how to qualify I just wonderd how you get to compete in both. That seems pretty cool to be able to qualify for 2 sets of state meets!!

It's basically 2 separate seasons going to local qualifiers to get to sectionals qualifying at sectionals for states etc,

some gyms don't do the Sept - Dec season as their gymnasts might not be ready for them. Our gym does them even if the routines aren't beautiful but girls can do the moves. They see it as a practice season more to get the nerves out of the competition part and because they have some of the best themed meets with some fun stuff going on. Like at Halloween the meet is a costume contest too. the Judges dress up in costumes (very funny to see them so relaxed) and the gymnasts vote for their favorites, The gymnasts dress up either as a team with a theme or as individuals and then there is a costume parade. At the end there are awards for best costume etc. The "trading Post" Is huge! They have a few someones come in and do t-shirts etc that can be customized with gymnasts names etc - they have lots of gym related clothing, blankets, bags, pins etc for sale - The girls go crazy for that.

They have a similar one in January/Feb called the "judges Cup" with the big trading post as well, but the judges put the meet on at one of the local gyms and have lots of give aways for the gymnasts from the judges. Usually this has a theme too and there is dressing up for the theme with prizes too. The judges are more relaxed and in costume for the theme.

Cher, that is great! I think the kids really need some time to ease into competition season and I bet you have a bunch who do really well.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back