Parents Meets this Weekend?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gym_mom---Yes, check your state website to see if they have the qualifying scores. If not, just ask a coach or a "veteran" parent. Every state is different. Some have sectionals and some don't(CO doesn't) Here you just need the state qualifying score at some meet during the season although there are cutoff dates for qualifying. Levels 4-7 need a 33AA and 8-10 have to get a 32AA.

Blackie--Sounds like your dd is just having a great time with her season and thats how it should be. She will do sectionals and then the rest is gravy. She sounds like such a free spirit---laughing through a bar routine, not caring if she lands on her head etc. I would talk with her coach though. As much as dd may not care, it is a safety issue and she still may need a spot on that ROBHS. At age 6, I think she's doing great. The focus/skills for a whole meet etc. will come with experience and simply getting a little older.

S, your dd did AWESOME! The first few meets I am sure are just "get used to competing" meets! She will only get better and better... she is so young - she should just be having fun, fun, fun and not worrying about scores:D

I think its amazing that she got out there and did her routines in from of all of those people :p I love hearing about the meets though, so keep sharing:D nic

*** I just saw her routines on You tube - she is sooooooo cute, and did a BEAUTIUL job!! tx so much for sharing:)

Last edited:
In gym mom,

Thanks for the compliments, I also think it's amazing to be able to do that in front of all those people. I could never do what she is doing. Her first 3 meets were at the one gym and the seating is SO close to the gilrs no matter where you sit. She is having fun & loves to go to competitons. She had a lot of problems when she was born & will probably always have problems with her one leg. We have no idea how far she will make it in this sport so everytime I watch her I want to cry and we cherish all these experiences.

Free spirit, wow do you have her pegged, LOL! The coach told me yesterday how funny she really is and how hard they try NOT to laugh with her.

And, I had coach do a private with her. She is not worried about her ROBHS so maybe it's only me the mom who worries? The coach claims she is not really landing on her head, just very close so it may look like it from where I am. And, she needs alot of vocal encouragment....they have to cheer her on to get her running for it. She has sectional meet next week, I told her coach I'm sending her with a bike helmet on, LOL

Hey, Blackie--our job at meets is to keep track of scores and worry! Will she hit this or that? Can she shake off that fall? DHs(bless them) do have the job of trailing after us and making sure the camcorder/camera is ready and get those great videos. Yes, they do moan about missing football games, but deep down love to sit and tell the others--"thats MY daughter out there!"

I moan about missing football games too----diehard Cowboys fan.

LOL, I moan about missing NASCAR races. Thank goodness no meets this weekend. And the last time I held the video camera I was so busy cheering my DD for the ROBHS I never followed her accross the floor so we missed the end...oppsie. Moms are better at the scores although I have missed a couple here and there w/fellow team members.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back