MAG Men's JO Nationals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
Good luck to all the boys headed to Portland. I hope everyone takes into account how much work goes into making the cut. My DS is a 11-12 yr. old level 8 . He trains 20+ hours a week. He is a 2012 Future Star National Team Member. Which means he has been competing since fall 2012. His coaches encouraged him to also go Jr. Elite, so he trains both the Technical Sequences and optional routines. I don't know how there is enough time in the week to fit it all in. So good luck to the young men who have sacrificed so much to compete. Enjoy it.

Yes, good luck!! My son's team will also have some boys there who are doing the JE tech sequences; we hope they all have a great meet!

We just sent our boys off today. Good luck to all the boys in Portland!

I think this is awesome!!! Something ds certainly aspires to. Best of luck to our CB boys...let us know how it goes!!! We're rooting for you!!

Sent from my ADR6400L using ChalkBucket mobile app

Good luck to your son and all the Cb boys going! My son hopes to make the cut next yr when he gets to compete level 8 and go JE. Anyone know when they will announce the location for next yrs JO? I love Portland, so beautiful that part of the country.

Good luck to all the boys headed to Portland. I hope everyone takes into account how much work goes into making the cut. My DS is a 11-12 yr. old level 8 . He trains 20+ hours a week. He is a 2012 Future Star National Team Member. Which means he has been competing since fall 2012. His coaches encouraged him to also go Jr. Elite, so he trains both the Technical Sequences and optional routines. I don't know how there is enough time in the week to fit it all in. So good luck to the young men who have sacrificed so much to compete. Enjoy it.

They do have it at meet scores online

Sent from my SPH-M950 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Yeah. same link, but I have been following all morning. Hopefully it works for you!

I was there last night and all I have to say is MARVIN KIMBLE.

Holy smokes he dominated the meet like nothing I've every seen scoring over 94 AA. He beat the next junior by about 6 or 7 points. 16s on FX and Rings and 7.3 D value on HB. The kids' got mad tricks and he's only 16.

I was there last night and all I have to say is MARVIN KIMBLE.

Holy smokes he dominated the meet like nothing I've every seen scoring over 94 AA. He beat the next junior by about 6 or 7 points. 16s on FX and Rings and 7.3 D value on HB. The kids' got mad tricks and he's only 16.

This is why he's was in International meets in Washington, Columbia and recently in Canada(as a senior!). Hoping he does a great job tomorrow as well :)

Just out of curiosity, how do you qualify to Men's nationals? Is it placement at regionals or is there a score? I know very little about MAG.

It is placement, I think. Each region is allotted so many spots to nationals. So you have to fall within the top X number of spots. We had a couple of guys that were "the next guy out" this year, just missing out on nationals by .05 or so :(

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back