Men's Qualification Rounds

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Sorry to keep coming back to this, but I just looked at the scores for the whole meet. Great.Britain.Ate.A.Twelve. So did China. I mean, you know, no matter how optimistic the gymternet is, I expect the US to have to take some not awesome scores on horse. But wow! It's like there was some memo that went out -- "OK, you can pick one guy on your team to hit pommels." Only Russia didn't get the memo.

http://gymnastics.sport/publicdir/live_results/13335/qual_men.php?app=ph

Arent there standards for how the pommel horse should be? Size wise, etc? (At nationals last year, D said the warm up pommel and comp pommel were different. It was strange he said....)

“There was definitely at least 23 people in the stands,” funny but sad. Can’t wait to watch the rest of the comp.

“There was definitely at least 23 people in the stands,” funny but sad. Can’t wait to watch the rest of the comp.

I laughed at that part, too...and then I looked in the stands and realized that he probably wasn't too far off. Surprisingly, when I watched the live stream of the girls this morning there weren't too many people watching them, either. That really shocked me. I guess there are just so many days of competition that people have to pick and choose which days are most important to them to watch. I bet team final days will be packed!

I laughed at that part, too...and then I looked in the stands and realized that he probably wasn't too far off. Surprisingly, when I watched the live stream of the girls this morning there weren't too many people watching them, either. That really shocked me. I guess there are just so many days of competition that people have to pick and choose which days are most important to them to watch. I bet team final days will be packed!

Quals were packed in Glasgow and Montreal. I think the location is the issue. The stadium is tiny and they could not even fill that. Sad for the athletes.

The equipment has to be approved by FIG. There is more than it looks or feels right that goes into it. I’m not sure how this equipment passed but I haven’t been in contact with it either. So there is a standard but I’m not sure how it stacks up.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back