WAG Mental Blocks

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

CVGAgymnast

Gymnast
I am 14 currently level 7 (for the third time) working towards level 8. In early November I had three level 8 routines but developed blocks. Lately I have been struggling with a beam acro series. I have always had bad mental blocks in the past but almost always on back tumbling on floor. In the past I have competed CW CW and FHS as my acro and CW RO. This year I was training FHS RO which I was doing consistently but recently have developed mental blocks for both. Some days I can start on a stacked high beam and work mats down. Other days it feels like I physically hit a wall and can't even step up to do it. I have tried everything we can think of (different skills/combinations, positive attitude, starting from the beginning, even practicing with wireless earbuds and listening to music while doing the skills) and nothing has helped me fight through these skills. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your question. However, for your safety and others, you must be 16 to be on ChalkBucket. Please come back when you are old enough.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back