Parents Mid Season Meet ....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Here we are.. Already at Mid season, or I should say past mid season.

Beetle had meet on Sunday. I think she did fine. She was disappointed. The coach was disappointed in her too..But she had some events leading up to this meet that I think caused her to lack some focus.

1st... she found out she had a rip in her grips after the meet last weekend. How many times have I asked.. do you have another pair of grips? yes MOM (Say it like a teen age girl.. YES MOOOOMMMM) "I have 2 actually.. " Well, she goes to practice on Monday. Pair 1 - are starting to rip.. Pair 2 - too thin.. hates them. So I spend $25 to rush ship grips. Looking back - I shoulda did the over night at $50 but I was cheap..

2nd... she started her cycle for the 1st time.. (and God knows how mad she would be for me to annouce to the world that happened).... But 2 days before the meet... I think it was a factor....

Anyway.. meet time Sunday Am.. Bright an early! Found my place right next to Gym Monkey Mom and we were ready to watch our DDs climb to the top of the poduim together! And I want to say how proud i am of her DD for getting her state score. .it was great to watch her!

1st up for Beetle Floor - routine looks good. She finally found a "b" turn that she is getting credit for. I think her full is a little piked down but scored a 8.95. 7th Place

Vault - fell on her 1st Tsuk.. completely rolled out of it. Slowed down the second one so she wouldnt do that again Landed it but took a step forward. Score 8.7. 9th place

Bars well - they weren't the greatest. She had to cast twice before getting her pirouette over. 7.55 Shoulda had the grips more broken in she said, the pirouette was giving her problems all week.

Beam - No flight connection. 7.85. Her switch looked better this week. Her coach is now taking out her Shushenova he thinks the judges are taking too many deductions. But they did add a dance series.

aa 33.05.. lowest all year. Like I said she was disappointed. Her coach told her '33 wont get you into Regions'. So she felt worse. She is working hard this week but I think she is slightly unmotivated. At the beginning of the year she was really working for each .1 now she seems to just be 'getting through' routines. I think she is in a mid season burn out.

She has 2 more meets over the next 2 weekends before State. I am not going to be able to go this weekend's meet. The last time I missed a meet she had her highest AA ever. Maybe it will happen again.

Thanks for listening to my ramble.. Here is the vids! (like someone else said.. They are a little blurry this week)

YouTube - 3ninoslocos's Channel

It's ok everyone always will have those off days!Ha i had one at my meet this weekend to!Just let her know its ok.That meets in the past and we are in the present and looking forward for the next 2 meet,states and regionals(because shes going to make it!!!)Hope she can just over come this obstical and go rock that next meet,because she can do it!!!!11

aw, poor kid. Eevrybody has an off day...so let hers be this past meet and hopefully no more off days after this!:)

Gosh she has a had a great season, and everyone should get to have a less stellar meet without the coach getting upset.

She'll do great this weekend and all will be well.

Gosh grips are a pain!

Sounds like she had lots of reasons to be slightly off! Good luck to her this weekend! I wonder if we'll be at the same meets over the next two weeks!

Everybody can have a bad day/meet, the key is to shake it off and move on! I do believe some of her personal issues were a factor and hopefully that will be one less thing she will be dealing with in the upcoming weeks! ;)

Been there! Your heart just breaks for them. She will rebound and come back strong! Good luck to her!

Good luck to Beetle over the next 2 weeks! The grips should be more broken in by then. Everyone has an off day now and again. I really like her choreography for floor and beam!

She will rock this week I just know it.

Everyone deserves to have a not so hot meet. Coaches need to remember these are still kids and even Elite athletes have a down day or meet.

Personally I think she did just fine with all she had on her plate that day.

Can't wait for state :)!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back