Parents Mini Brag.. Handstand on beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

Mariainlv

We have a beam close to the floor at home and J has been practicing alot. Last night was the first night she REALLY looked good doing her handstand on the regular beam with no issues, not looking shaky after the handstand etc. She was able to hold the handstands 3-5 seconds with a straight body which is great for her. I know a small thing but big for her in that she is so new to all this. It was a extra biggie for her as she got to ring the bell!

Also she has mastered her cartwheel on the beam at home and has done it several times on the lower beam at the gym. She is excited to get more consistent and try it on the regular beam.

mini? no! that's HUGE! CONGRATS!!! all gymnasts have a first everything and each first is as big and exciting as the next. I think the basics may be even a bigger deal.

WHOOO HOOOO!

Now that she got that the cartwheel won't be far behind

:beam:

awesome:) Emily is still apprehensive about holding the straight handstand on beam. I think they are all afraid they will flip forward...
That handstand deserves a medal:) 3 to 5 secs is awesome:)

Hey, brag away!! That's awesome! She'll get that cartwheel, too, and really kick butt on beam!! :)

Definitely a big skill worth bragging about. A beam handstand is very hard to master and to be able to control it is awesome.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back