MAG Minnesota Regents Meeting

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
The meeting is live. The vote on the cutting of sports is the 10th agenda item from what I have heard. HEre is the link:

Well, Minnesota Men's Gymnastics is now in their final season. The regents voted 7-5 to discontinue Men's Gym, Men's Tennis, and Men's indoor track and field, saving 1.6 million. That will help with their major budget shortall (sarcasm). This is devastating.

Keep emailing. Apparently, it has been uncovered that they broke their own bylaws, which state that a proposal must be brought before the board 10 days prior to the meeting it will be voted on. That did not happen. In addition, there is a self-sustaining program that Mike Burns brought to the board as well. They need to consider it!

I sent one before the vote. Should I send another email? Is there a source for this info about the bylaw breaking? Thanks for keeping us updated skschlag!

I sent one before the vote. Should I send another email? Is there a source for this info about the bylaw breaking? Thanks for keeping us updated skschlag!
I am trying to find it. I read it earlier in the week but did not save it.

No problem! I am planning to email to see if they are even planning to consider the self-sustaining plan. Can't hurt.

I was debating to start a new thread and sk I don’t know if this will help you with the Men’s MN situation.
W&M is restoring the women’s gymnastics program as of now but not the Men’s.

I was debating to start a new thread and sk I don’t know if this will help you with the Men’s MN situation.

Yeah. That is fantastic for the women, but not so much for the men. I have heard they are still discussing the men.

Ok seriously, why not the men’s? Wtheck is going on these days.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back