Parents Miss Me??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Greetings Chalk Bucket Friends!

It seem like a while since I have had the time to log on and say hi! Work has been busy, end of year school things have been non stop. Beetle competed in Track (finished 1st in the City with her 4 x 100 relay! WOO HOO). Beetle's Little Sister Bug competed in another dance comp. and scored a Gold on her solo! WOO HOO...

So - Gym... Gym is the tale of 3 events!

Vault: She is consistently doing tsuks and even doing a few on her own. I am fully confident she will have these by the next season.

Beam: She is working her current L8 skill and uptraining L9. She is doing a Straddle 1/4 jump with a shooshenova (Sp?) it looks painful but apparently it is pretty good She is also doing Tuck and Wolf Full Jumps, working side gainer dismounts.. and of course still working BHS BHS... She has them on low beam she just needs the confidence to go for it on high beam

Floor: She is working Back full and a half twist Punch front. She has the twist just gaining power to punch out of it.. she is also working Fhs front full.. she has done some on floor.. I havent seen them yet but apparently they are decent! LOL

Bars: oh man.. why cant this be like T & T.. let Beetle be a l9 on the first 3 events and then be a l5 on bars??? So out of nowhere Beetle lost her giants.. yep.. one day.. just balked on them and has been working for 2 weeks to get them b ack. FINALLY yesterday she did somewhat of a giant.. apparently she went all the way around the bar but not strechted out.... right now she is working low bar and then spending the rest of her time working back on her giants... Hopefully they will be back next week!

I think it is stress on herself about going to L9. I told her that she doesnt need to go to L9 By any means.. but she of course wants to...

So that is the news... it is just one day at a time - at least this time I am completely laid back about it all.. .we have been through losing skills and i know they come back better.. it is just more frustrating when it is something they have had for years!

Welcome back...........

I can only imagine how busy your life is with two in competative activities. I am sure that Beetle will get her giants back in no time. She is still on for LO for week 9 right? Bug and I will be there week 8, I have offerred to stay over from 8 to 9 if they need an additional nurse week 9.

Have a great summer.

Barb

Gosh yes I've missed you, nice that you have a moment to update us. Sounds like Beetle is doing great and the bars will come in time. Congrats to dancing DD on that olo.

I am sure you are crazy busy right now, so it is even more special to have you drop by.

bog

You bet we missed you!!! Thanks for the update on your girls! This is a crazy time of year isn't it??? Trying to fit everything in!!! Congrats to Bug on her solo!!! And Beetle did track & gym, what a woman!!! We gotta hook our girls up...I really think they must have been twins separated at birth,LOL!!! So similar...even down to the loss of skills stuff & the drive, determination stuff too! I have NO doubt Beetle will get that giant back + a few new skills to boot:D! Congrats to her on a great track season!!! I know how hard that schedule was to keep up! Thanks for checking in & giving us an update. You have some great kids there!!! You're a great mom & are doing a wonderful job with them!!!:D

Congrats to Beetle for that track win, wow! I love the 100x4, well, watching it, I don't exercise. ;) And congrats to Bug for her Gold at her dance competition!! I am sure both were excited and that you guys were super proud.

I am sending Beetle tons of bar fairies, all the ones I can round up. It will all come together.

Thanks for the update! We all understand being busy, but I know I love updates!!!

See, I knew I would find your update!

Well, a big ole congrats to both of your dds. Beetle excelling at track besides gym is awesome, and way to go on the 1st place! Bug, well, getting a gold in a solo - what more could she do, she must of been thrilled with herself, right?

As for bars, the giants will come back - just like you said! I know it is frustrating! I dealt with dd and her twisting issues and it has taken just over a yr for her to finally have it start clicking... (it's about time, I've been about as patient as I could be!)

Ok, I hit the wrong button - I wasn't done yet!

As for vault, beam and floor - well she is right on target! She has plenty of time to master her skills and get bars back before competition season starts again!

Keep us updated on how things are going!

So glad that you've checked back in! And glad to hear that Beetle did so AWESOMELY on her track meet! WOOHOOO! Congrats to her. :p

Sounds like gym is going great overall. I'm sure she'll get that giant back, and how nice that you can stay relaxed in the meantime. Gym will always have it's challenges, as it is a very demanding sport. We just have to learn and (help the kids learn) to enjoy the journey, w/ all its ups & downs! :cool:

Welcome back...........

I can only imagine how busy your life is with two in competative activities. I am sure that Beetle will get her giants back in no time. She is still on for LO for week 9 right? Bug and I will be there week 8, I have offerred to stay over from 8 to 9 if they need an additional nurse week 9.

Have a great summer.

Barb
Hey Barb - Beetle is still on for LO week 9. She is already excited. It would be fun to meet you!

Hey thanks for all the Giant Fairies! maybe I should have logged on a week ago because Friday night Beetle did giants again!

She didnt do any flyaways out of them (yet) ..

It is amazing how much more relaxed I was about the giants. Unlike the BHS on Beam 2 years ago.. that practically consumed me LOL!

Thanks for all the well wishes too.. I have new photos of Beetle that were taken at Regions.. and some great photos of my Dancing Bug - I will upload them soon!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back