Parents Missing competitions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Scottish Caitlyn

Proud Parent
I think my daughter may have to miss a gymnastics competition tomorrow because our car wouldn't start again today and every time I have gone out to try, it just cranks continuously, even when I pump the pedal occasionally. I even opened the bonnet to see if I could find any problems and even got a neighbour to try and jump start it but, still it won't start.

So, are there any rules regarding missing competitions, especially team competitions because my daughter is supposed to be competing in an individual competition in the morning then a team one hours later?

The only person who can answer this is a coach/owner from your gym. Every gym is different. Obviously if you can't get there or if she is sick, then she can't compete but what the repercussions are is different per gym. I would try to get in touch with the coach or a rep of the gym to let them know

Could you get in touch with a teammate to have them take her?

I would have rung round and warned people you might have an issue and arrange a back up lift. Maybe arrange a taxi to a team mates house so they don't even have to come over to yours if it is out of the way. Not really any need for her to miss a competition when you can avoid it.

I would have rung round and warned people you might have an issue and arrange a back up lift. Maybe arrange a taxi to a team mates house so they don't even have to come over to yours if it is out of the way. Not really any need for her to miss a competition when you can avoid it.

I'd argue this would be an unavoidable situation. No way in heck I'd put my kid in a taxi without an adult, Uber and Lyft aren't supposed to take minors unattended. Sure, if someone's nearby that's great, but it's an unfortunate situation that might just mean missing a meet.

I'm pretty sure she meant mom and kid take a taxi to the team mates house. It was my first thought too. If I knew days in advance that I was going to have car trouble, I wouldn't consider it unavoidable at all unless no one on the team would help with transportation and taxis/uber don't exist in the area (very rural?)

I'm pretty sure she meant mom and kid take a taxi to the team mates house. It was my first thought too. If I knew days in advance that I was going to have car trouble, I wouldn't consider it unavoidable at all unless no one on the team would help with transportation and taxis/uber don't exist in the area (very rural?)

I totally missed the "tomorrow" part of the message. You're right.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back