Parents Mixed sub-type meets?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MILgymFAM

Proud Parent
Someone in my DDs' parent group tossed out for consideration a meet in vegas that has both t&t and artistic. We also attended a meet in SoCal once that had both. I looked around a little and found a meet in NYC that was totally comprehensive- it has JO, Xcel, usaigc, t&t, rhythmic, and more! I was just wondering if anyone else has attended a meet with multiple types of gymnasts competing? I would love to go to a meet that had artistic, rhythmic, and t&t.
Side question which stems from this. If the gym decided to go to the vegas meet that has artistic and t&t, could their t&t coach register ODD in the Xcel platinum devision and be her coach on the floor? It's just something that was tossed around- she's already got workable routines on all events and he would just be there as mental support.. She'd obviously compete the t&t side too with YDD. I know they have to have an official coach, but I wasn't sure if usag differentiates between coaches based on what they normally coach. This gym doesn't do artistic at all. It would be a one-off, fun sort of thing and she'd just wear her t&t leo..

wow, never seen a mixed meet here, that must be huge !

Mind you here you need to be qualified to your athletes level in each discipline to coach at a meet

I have no idea if the coach could take her for the xcel meet. Somehow, I believe the certifications are different. Also, wouldn't that be tough as she dies not practice on the events regularly?

My ds went to a meet a few years ago that had mag, wag and tnt all going at the same time. It was pretty cool. We've been to a few that have the boys and girls in artistic at the same event. That's pretty cool, too, unless both your dd and ds are competing in the same session but in different arenas. That's not so cool, lol.

I have no idea if the coach could take her for the xcel meet. Somehow, I believe the certifications are different. Also, wouldn't that be tough as she dies not practice on the events regularly?

She does practice the events regularly, just not a large amount of time per week. She would use basic (for the level) skills and existing routines. I know they have to have a "professional member" coach, and he is that, so I wasn't sure there is a distinction as far as usag is concerned. I know some coaches do coach both.

Reactions: sce
Someone in my DDs' parent group tossed out for consideration a meet in vegas that has both t&t and artistic. We also attended a meet in SoCal once that had both. I looked around a little and found a meet in NYC that was totally comprehensive- it has JO, Xcel, usaigc, t&t, rhythmic, and more! I was just wondering if anyone else has attended a meet with multiple types of gymnasts competing? I would love to go to a meet that had artistic, rhythmic, and t&t.
Side question which stems from this. If the gym decided to go to the vegas meet that has artistic and t&t, could their t&t coach register ODD in the Xcel platinum devision and be her coach on the floor? It's just something that was tossed around- she's already got workable routines on all events and he would just be there as mental support.. She'd obviously compete the t&t side too with YDD. I know they have to have an official coach, but I wasn't sure if usag differentiates between coaches based on what they normally coach. This gym doesn't do artistic at all. It would be a one-off, fun sort of thing and she'd just wear her t&t leo..
If the coach is willing to pay $15 to add the additional discipline to their USAG Pro membership, then it would be possible :)
When

Not Mega in Vegas? They have WAG (including JO and Xcel), T and T, AAU, USAIGC artistic and tumbling, team gym, and acro.

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back