MAG Modified traditional?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
So, our meet this weekend is modified traditional format. What does that mean? I have heard of traditional, capital cup, and modified capital cup. What will this look like?

Around here, modified traditional is kind of like modified capital cup. They warm up their first event... March In, compete 1st event, then they rotate to the next event and (instead of bump-in warm ups), the team warms up the 2nd event... then competes it... then rotates again.

OK. That sounds like what we refer to as modified capital cup...that is good ;)

Modified traditional is when there is only one set of equipment and the gymnasts warm up before each event. Modified capital is when there are 2 sets of equipment in the same gym. The gymnasts warm up before each event and compete on the set they warmed up on. Capital cup is 2 gyms. Gymnasts warm up in the warm-up gym before each event, then get a touch on the competition equipment when they get to he competing gym. Hope that helps.

OK. Out here the boys do a lot of modified capital cup but with only one set of equipment to warm up and compete on. I guess that was my confusion! Thanks :)

but now that I think about it, a lot of those do have 2 sets of equipment for some events (2 pommels, 2 mushrooms, 2 pbars, 2 high bars usually.) I think because one set of pommels had handles for 9s, and the other didn't, and that the boys really don't pay attention to the equipment they are on, I didn't notice. I have seen D warm up on both sets of equipment.

So...what's it called when there's two gyms, but they warm up an event in the practice gym, then come right out and compete in the competition gym with no last touch? This happened to my ds at Regionals last year. He detested it with great emotion!!

but now that I think about it, a lot of those do have 2 sets of equipment for some events (2 pommels, 2 mushrooms, 2 pbars, 2 high bars usually.) I think because one set of pommels had handles for 9s, and the other didn't, and that the boys really don't pay attention to the equipment they are on, I didn't notice. I have seen D warm up on both sets of equipment.
boys may have a different definition of what constitutes the mod. capital. I know most times the girls won't have an extra floor. Sometimes they just have a tumble strip. Other times they tumble between the routines while the other flight is competing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back