Parents Mom Brag

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cher062

Ok DD is flying on cloud 9. She is the first in the L7 to get her Giant without coaches help - according to DD no one else can do it without the coaches help yet. I'm sure the form needs work but she is flying. Not only did she do a giant but she also got a Giant with a handstand again without coaches help- I wish I had been there to see it! This is the first time she was the 1st at getting any skill. Usually we need a couple of one on one private lessons for skills like this.

Boy add that in with her being told she could now get the buckle grips and you can see that smile coming from a mile away.

It's amazing what they can do when motivated. Her goal was to make it to the optional level this year and compete at L7 in Sept. I think she's going to make it.

In our gym if they move up a level for the summer they still might compete at old level for the Sep - Dec session then compete at the new level for the Jan - April session.

Congrats to her!!! That is a huge skill. Hope she gets to make her goal of competing level 7 this September! :)

Ok DD is flying on cloud 9. She is the first in the L7 to get her Giant without coaches help - according to DD no one else can do it without the coaches help yet. I'm sure the form needs work but she is flying. Not only did she do a giant but she also got a Giant with a handstand again without coaches help- I wish I had been there to see it! This is the first time she was the 1st at getting any skill. Usually we need a couple of one on one private lessons for skills like this.

In our gym if they move up a level for the summer they still might compete at old level for the Sep - Dec session then compete at the new level for the Jan - April session.

Congratulations! That is a HUGE accomplishment. I bet she is so excited and you are very proud I'm sure. Way to go!

Our gym also trains up during the summer months, with the same policy of wait til end of summer to see what level you might end up competing. My dd will either do L5 again, L6 or L7 depending how summer goes. What with getting that giant, your dd will surely do L7 next season. Good luck and again, congrats!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! That is a HUGE accomplishment. I bet she is so excited and you are very proud I'm sure. Way to go!

Our gym also trains up during the summer months, with the same policy of wait til end of summer to see what level you might end up competing. My dd will either do L5 again, L6 or L7 depending how summer goes. What with getting that giant, your dd will surely do L7 next season. Good luck and again, congrats!

Thanks everyone!!.

I think if anything is going to hold her back it will be the beam skills. That has always been her nemisis. Bars has always been her favorite event but I didn't think she would have done her giant this early.

Hey, brag away mom!! That's what we're here for! I'm sure she'll be floating on :cloud9: for a while! I love this time of year when everyone seems to be moving on and learning new skills. Good luck to her on whatever team she moves on to!

Last edited by a moderator:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back