Mom of 2 gym team boys

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just remember that if the toddler girl gets into it, there's the hair thing. It's the one way in which girls are harder than boys for meets. Oh, and while mine has happily outgrown it, there's the glitter spray phase. I'd much rather play three rounds of Vault Shorts Hunt than breathe in any more glitter spray on the morning of a meet. Welcome!

My boys will compete levels 6 and 7 this year. Tell me about the hair! She does do a toddler class and I have mastered a messy topknot to keep her flyaway hair out of her eyes. I know that won't cut it...Glitter??? noooooo. She is funny, of course what she wants to do is the boys stuff. I was laughing the other day because the "coach" was trying to get her to hold one of the parallel bars like a mini high bar, and she kept reaching for the other, and they could not figure out what she was doing. I said "She wants to get in between them and do P Bar swings- she knows how to do those." (Just ask my dining room chairs.)

Hey. Welcome! I myself a gymnast's mom lol. Mine is 11 this year. I always wondered were my baby weird for going into gymnastics cuz of a TV show. She once saw that Make it or break it TV show where girls were wearing beautiful gymnastics leotard and screamed 'Dad i wanna look THAT beautiful too'. Since then we're training and competing quite well, thinking about making it professional.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back