Montage Music? suggestions needed!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JessMom

Proud Parent
I'm making a montage for my daughters coach who is leaving . . .

drawing a blank for music.

Any suggestions?

So you're looking for a semi-sad, sentimental-type thing, yes?

A couple of songs from OCR jump to mind:

Days' End by Audix and Tweek

Far Away Memories by Neil Benjamin

Let me know if these work, or if they're at least in the right vein. I'll see what else I can dig up.

WOW - what great choices THANK YOU!

Yes, I'm looking for something semi-sad, sentimental - with a little up beat to it . . .

Dreamer by Starblaze is another good one.

In addition, I have one of my own that will probably work pretty well, but it's for an album which hasn't yet been released publicly. If you're interested and you'll agree not to pass the mp3 around to anybody else, PM me and I'll send you a link.

One thing you might want to take into consideration is how long you want to make the montage and try and use songs of similar length. I find I'm always stock piling pictures and video for when i want to use a longer song.

Most popular songs are going to be around 3+1/2 minutes in length, which sometimes can be just a little bit too short to fit all the material that you want to use. Rock ballads seem to have alot of peaks and valleys which can be fun to work with. They can also be longer than typical pop songs. Lynyrd Skynyrd's Tuesday's Gone or Bob Seeger's Turn The Page might work if you like rock.

I just put together a meet video and chose a longer ballad type song so I put a pictorial montage together to fill the extra 2 minutes of space. Since this was dd's last meet before states, I thought it would be fun to include some pictures I saved from her first meet to sort of commemorate her season. The song has alot of those emotional peaks and valleys and I think it came out pretty good.

You can check it out here (you've probably already seen the meet video footage before). BTW - if the picture is skipping, just turn the HD off. This one's in high quality and might not work with some internet connections in HD.

Sectional Final 5-17-09 on Vimeo

I always put the basic video together first, and then try different songs to see what I think fits the best. After I have the music I want I go back and edit and tweak the video and add or delete stuff based on the actual length of the song. Hope this helps, I think you're video's are really good. It's alot of fun putting these together. I think they are great keepsakes for when the kids get older.

I really like "You raise me up" By Josh Groban. you could also use part of or several songs to convey your message to the coach; That you love them and that your sad they are going! I would suggest An upbeatsong in the beggining and a slower song twords the end. If you absolutly cannot find an upbeat song that fits your theme, that there is an ver easy (cheesey) option...... "We're all in this together" From high school musical one. :D It's Kinda old now but it is instanly recognizable and has sweet uplifing lyrics. Good luck!

I just thought of a fun up-beat song that you might like (it's also a karaoke classic:eek:). It's called We Are Family by Sister Sledge.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back