Parents Monthly tuition cost?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Wow, I am amazed at the difference in training hours for the various levels, as well as the range of costs. Do you all think these variances are regional or more locally influenced?

We are in GA, south of ATl. My dd goes Xcel silver, 12 hours a week and we pay $230.00 a month tuition. Plus, our booster is $150 a month for about 10 months. But, we have all kinds of fundraising through our booster club.

Team cost for my DD is $193.00/mo. .. I pay $183 because there is a $10.00 discount for paying by the 10th each month.

She is Xcel Bronze and goes 6 hours.

Then I pay $60.00 for 2 tumbling classes/wk. that are 1 hour long each.

Then there are booster dues, coaches and meet fees. We do 1 meet per month and they are typically $60-$75 or so for the meet fees.

And I am planning my move to France right now (!!!). lol.
;)
Yes I would go to France too. Canada looks more expensive. Level 8 USA 25h $490 plus meet fees plus choreography $250 for 2years routine. Only coaches expenses in for meets. Travel meets extra. Plus, plus , plus...leo and warm up suit $400 for two years oh better not to talk about money just pay it lol

Do you have to pay for each routine to be choreographed in the states on top of monthly fees? £9 for an hr of rec seems a bit steep!

My dd isn't L9 yet, but yes, they have to pay for their music and their routine. And yes, the monthly tuition only stops when you quit.

After hearing what some of you pay, I think I'll stop complaining about the costs here.

L3 in Region 8.
16.5 hours - $225/mo
$160/mo in team fees for 10 months. Approx $1600/annual. Team fees cover all meets, leos, warm ups, and summer camp.

Was level 10 region 4 about 20-22 hrs a week for $460 a month plus $500 a year team fee (booster club paid all meet fees)

Region 1

Girl: "Advanced" Pre-Team - 9 hours/week, $365 per month.

Boy: Pre-Team, 4 hours/week, $250 per month.

Wish we lived in a less pricey area :(

ARE YOU SERIOUS??????? For Pre-Team?!?!?!?!?!? Is that typical in your area?

Our upper-most optionals don't pay that much! My child would be a helluva soccer player at those prices. LOL

ARE YOU SERIOUS??????? For Pre-Team?!?!?!?!?!? Is that typical in your area?

Our upper-most optionals don't pay that much! My child would be a helluva soccer player at those prices. LOL

I really really really wish I was embellishing :confused:

Our optionals are 20 hours/week and pay mid 500's per month in tuition alone. And no, this is not some crazy well known elite gym - it is just in a crazy rich area. It's the closest one to us (25 minutes in traffic), and I could switch and drive an hour each way to save a little money, but not worth the traffic stress. We definitely sacrifice to try to make this work. Oh what we all do for our dear kids!

We do 11 hours for level 3 and it is $245, but they only require 9 hoursfor level 3. My gymmie is a late starter/older so we do more hours by choice. Level 4 is $255 for 12 hours. Coaches fees is $295 twice yearly. Meet fees of $50-$60 about 8 times per year (2 different competetive seasons per year). The great thing about our gym is they are flexible and you can work out a schedule that fits your family needs for the most part. And make up whenever for missed sessions! So nice!

Wow, I think you win. Good lord that is pricey. That is over $15 per hour for a group class.

Standard cost for a class here is about $18-19 per class. But it would go down with the second and third class. About $160-180 a month for three classes/hours a week I would think. So $196 doesn't surprise me because there are even higher rent areas of the US than where I live. But I bet for over the twice if those hours for team costs only $50 more or something. Rec is much more expensive per hour, because they go less hours.

I really really really wish I was embellishing :confused:

Our optionals are 20 hours/week and pay mid 500's per month in tuition alone. And no, this is not some crazy well known elite gym - it is just in a crazy rich area. It's the closest one to us (25 minutes in traffic), and I could switch and drive an hour each way to save a little money, but not worth the traffic stress. We definitely sacrifice to try to make this work. Oh what we all do for our dear kids!

Oh Sasha! You poor poor thing....literally! LOL

There is just no way I could make that work so you have my deepest sympathy!

Region 6
L5/6
16 hrs $275 mthly
450 coaching fees
380 leo/warm ups
350 choreography
1k meet fees
I feel we are getting a bargain in our area.

I'm so thankful for our gym after reading what some of you are paying. Even our comp fees aren't too bad. We pay just at $1000 for meets, annual fees, coaches fees and this year we got new warm ups and bags too. All for just over $1000.

Choreography is only every couple of years and runs $250 for everything except floor music.

Our booster club purchases our leos so we don't have that expense.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back