Parents Monthly tuition cost?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Yeah, I feel very grateful for our booster club! They pay his travel expenses (fuel, flight, hotel, rental car, per diem as needed), meet fees, coaches' fees and uniform and USAG fees. ALl I pay is tuition and my own way. Makes it much easier!

L7, 16-20 hours/week, $260/month, plus about 1000 in meet costs, 400 every couple years in equipment, and an additional 1000-1500 actual travel (we live very far from most meets - fly a couple times and lots of overnights....).

Glad we don't deal with many of these prices! Also glad DD hasn't been training some of these hours....I know she'd be further along if she had, but for us the pay off wouldn't have worked. She did compete against some teams from gyms (according to their websites) with much higher expected hours this weekend....and their details were stunning...but I'll take her 36 to their 37 for the chance for her to be in orchestra, etc....!

Level 8 - 26 hours a week, 600 a month + 1000 in meet fees and 1000 in coach fees for meets... Expensive state

Level 4: 310. Per month plus $1500. for meet fees per year. The occasional private lesson is 40. Per hr and summer camp is about 1100. for one week. This is an expensive sport!

I pay $365 a month for 18 hours for my level 5 dd and $265 for 12 hours for level 4 dd. Team fees are about $1000 each and meet fees are about $400-600 each per year. I try not to think about it too much ;)

Level 3 9 hours + 1 hour extra tumbling each week $200. The tumbling class is $60 and the team hours are $160 if you wanted to see the breakdown.

L5, 11 hr/wk, $270/month. About $1200 for meet fees and coach's fees. Leo every other year, warm up every other year. And it only for a up from here...

My daughter is 7 and is a Level 2, training 7 hours per week. I pay $210/mo, which is solely gym tuition.

We aren't paying this yet but I was told since it's in our near future (end of comp season):
L3 9hrs/week
$115 monthly
~$100 per meet (will be fundraising with booster club)
Leos every 2 years
Responsible for own travel fees

Right now:
Pre-team 2hrs/week $85 monthly

Reading everyone's replies makes me feel better about what we pay. My dd is in R5, and L6/L7/Xcel all train 10.5 hrs per week, and the monthly fee is $235. Booster fees were $975.00 this year and include meet fees, coaches expenses, backpack and end of season awards banquet. Warm-up and choreography costs (every 2 years) are on top of this.

wow. some of these prices! lol

Level 2 comp.
6 hrs/week 2 days/week
$104 monthly tuition
$20 USAG membership/month
$500 give or take for meet fees minus travel, food, gifts, and getting into the meet
$45/new comp leo every year
$30 for comp underwear haha <---ridiculous for a pair of undies!

thank the good Lord i work the home meet to get her warm ups and meet backpack

forgot the annual gym fee of $35

L3-L8 and Xcel Gold and Platinum... Region 5 (OH)
7.5 hrs a week
Membership: $275/year
Monthly tuition: $70/month Jan-June and Aug-Nov. $35 for December (2 weeks off)
Warm-ups, Team Leo, Gym Bag: $210 until they outgrow them or we are forced to change styles again
Meet Fees: This year, $225... some years as much as $275... or as low as $125 if a gymnast forgoes Nationals
Team camp in July: $50 (10 hours for L3-5 and possibility of 20 Hours for all Optional Levels) to learn routines / work on choreography - which is free. Music is up to each Optional gymnast... can be ordered or made
Rec Camp in July: $0 (up to 20 hours) Team gymnasts come free and are "junior counselors" or get to work out on whatever is open.

Total for a year: $1285-$1545. The only things not factored in are gas, food, and hotels.

You all are scaring me (esp the one from my same gym).. maybe it is time to switch over to dance or swimming or tennis or something.. at the very least I can't have a kid on team until both of my children are in public school and we don't need to have an au pair anymore.

I knew this was an expensive sport, but I really didn't want to think about it too concretely!

And I really am cursing that OECD job in Paris that I just barely missed out on. Time to get those job notification emails back in my email.

It's expensive but don't tell that to the parents of elite ice skaters or equestrian competitors.

Haha So true! For our level 8 gymnast we pay $415/ month for 22 hours and @ $1000 for meet fees for the year.

We have an equestrian also with 1 horse. $850 per month for board for the horse, another $300-$400 per month in horse expenses. $200/ month for riding instruction. She shows usually twice a month, total expenses per show are $2000 - $3000. And though she shows at the highest level for a junior we are not in an extremely expensive area and there are people who spend a great deal more on a per month basis and who have multiple horses (3-5). And purchasing a horse can go from $10,000 - $15,000 up to $300,000 - $500,000 depending on what level you show and how bad you want to win. And yes its ridiculous.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back