WAG Morning gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

jennyj

Proud Parent
If your gymmie has practise in the morning do they have time to go home and shower before school?

Mine does not. She has morning practice once a week from 7-9 and doesn’t get to school until 10ish, which is an hour and 20 min late.

It’s an invite only TOPS like class and everyone pretty much goes to school late. We live 45-60 min from our gym so my daughter is later than most others for school.

Some more than others. Our school is fine with it and gives her an excused tardy. They also allow her to leave 30 min early that same day to make it back to gym.

The Hopes girls at DD's gym were asked to come to practice in the morning once a week and she so does not like the idea of going to school all sweaty with her hair a mess after training :/

The Hopes girls at DD's gym were asked to come to practice in the morning once a week and she so does not like the idea of going to school all sweaty with her hair a mess after training :/
Can you decline to go? HOPES or no, it seems really stressful for kids to be severely late to school once a week starting in November rather than as an established routine.

We were given the option of having the HOPES girls train in the morning or in the afternoon, we all chose afternoon training. So they come in an hour before the JO girls and train from 1:30-2:30, then they get a 15 minute break and do regular JO practice from 2:45-6:45. My DD leaves school after lunch everyday to make it to practice on time. She would not have done well with early morning practice (and neither would the coaches and parents!!).

We were given the option of having the HOPES girls train in the morning or in the afternoon, we all chose afternoon training. So they come in an hour before the JO girls and train from 1:30-2:30, then they get a 15 minute break and do regular JO practice from 2:45-6:45. My DD leaves school after lunch everyday to make it to practice on time. She would not have done well with early morning practice (and neither would the coaches and parents!!).

So do all your JO girls get there at 2:45 or is there a group staggered later?

All level 7-10 arrive at 2:45 except for 1 or 2 who get there a little late.

Wow that must be nice to be home in the evening, but our school does not dismiss until 3:45. I know there have been discussions on other posts about modified schedules, but that is just not something that happens where we live nor can I imagine how they could make it work.

Reactions: sce
Wow that must be nice to be home in the evening, but our school does not dismiss until 3:45. I know there have been discussions on other posts about modified schedules, but that is just not something that happens where we live nor can I imagine how they could make it work.
Most of the level 7-10 girls get out of school at 2:30 (normal end time for high school around here) the rest of the girls in my have to leave school about 15 minutes early to make it to the 2:45 practice. Our school district is amazingly accommodating. We haven't had any issues getting early dismissal for my daughter. She's been leaving school early since 4th grade.

Can you decline to go? HOPES or no, it seems really stressful for kids to be severely late to school once a week starting in November rather than as an established routine.

We could but she doesn't want to miss practice. She attends a private school that is really accommodating towards the kids' extracurricular activities like club sports, dance or music so she isn't going to be late for school in the morning since they don't have full school days. The schedule is modifieable and as long as she keeps straight A's I'm happy.

They used to have the HOPES girls practice in the afternoon but due to scheduling conflicts the gym owner/coaches decided to change it. There are a lot of homeschoolers in our club who don't mind.

I never had gym before school in the mornings, but I did used to do figure skating in the mornings sometimes. We'd finish up by 7:30 and school started at 8, so we'd go straight there and maybe eat something.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back