Most Embarrassing Gym Moments!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

FlipTwistFly28

I don't know if this has been posted on any other threads but oh well!:D I just wanted to know if any of you would have funny/embarrassing gym stories!

One of mine would probably have to be when I was stretching with my team at an open gym one night and we were all talking about how graceful some of the elite gymnasts were and how we wished we could be graceful like them too. We then got on the topic of how funny it is when we can do skills on beam and then get off and trip and fall on our face. (which has happened to me many times before) Then one of my friends decided we should go to bars, so I had to go and get my grip bag. I got up and ran over to where I had set them down and as I was running I totally forgot that I had to jump over the low beams. I then tripped right over the low beams and crashed into one of the high beams. My teammates started to laugh because of what we had just been talking about!:p The rest of the night people pretended to trip over the low beams everytime they went near them!

If I have anymore I'll remember to put them on here!;)

As a gymnast...well, it's crass but funny. One day we were all eating dinner together before a meet in Vegas, which we had to travel to. We all ordered a entree that came with a side of broccoli. When the food came out, there was a huge mountain of green that was all the broccoli, it was like 2 entree portions practically as a side. So we all dig into these mountains, and one of the parents suggests not eating it all because of gas and how early we had to be at the meet. We laughed it off, and the parent shrugged and made jokes about how she was glad she wasn't the one sharing a room with us, which we laughed at.

Well, parents do indeed know best. Who knew?! It was funny at the hotel, I swear there should have been a green cloud around us warning poor strangers away! Once we got to the meet though we were mortified and holding it in. I remember sitting through bars and beam that meet to this day, all of us broccoli eaters stomachs gurgling. My mom referred to it as the 'broccoli and gasX invitational' from then on lol.

I honestly don't know how I did this... BUT

I turned my head too quickly on my spin on floor and poked myself in the eye with my ponytail- which is surprisingly sharp :p. I was blind for about 10 seconds lol

Beam is my worst event. I can barely get my legs up for the jumps. So one day I thought I was alone in the gym so I decided to try and practice my jumps and figure out why I couldn't get my legs up. Well my friend was there with a video camara videotaping me! So after so long I started thinking about this girl I know who really bugs me so I started mimicking her beam routine complete with shrill voices and singing. Let's just say once I found it on YouTube it was quickly took down...

I was on bars doing a skill and my hand slipped. I hit my coach's knee:eek:{which he had just got surgery on a week before.} He was out for a little while. It was NOT funney but my gym friends were laughing anyway.

We were at an away meet, and as always, we had our four y.o. son in tow. It was a big gym and they had a small putting green set up for a raffle. For $5 you got three balls, and for every put made, you got a raffle ticket in the bin for the grand prize drawing....a small plastic set of golf clubs that you can buy at the big K for a few dollars.

I gave my son $5 and he ran off in excitement...only to return five minutes later asking for another $5. Twenty bucks later this diversion hadn't even gotten us to the national anthem:eek: Fearing that this would quickly jeopardize the family finances, I cut him off and sent him on his way empty handed.

At the awards ceremony they announced the winner of the raffle, and my son had won. He excitedly retrieved his prize to a huge round of applause....Afterwards, as I walked around the gymnasium, dozens of people I had never met before came up to congratulate us and all knew my son by name...... Apparently after he had cleaned out me, my wife and the team parents, he had started working the grandstands:eek:

We were at an away meet, and as always, we had our four y.o. son in tow. It was a big gym and they had a small putting green set up for a raffle. For $5 you got three balls, and for every put made, you got a raffle ticket in the bin for the grand prize drawing....a small plastic set of golf clubs that you can buy at the big K for a few dollars.

I gave my son $5 and he ran off in excitement...only to return five minutes later asking for another $5. Twenty bucks later this diversion hadn't even gotten us to the national anthem:eek: Fearing that this would quickly jeopardize the family finances, I cut him off and sent him on his way empty handed.

At the awards ceremony they announced the winner of the raffle, and my son had won. He excitedly retrieved his prize to a huge round of applause....Afterwards, as I walked around the gymnasium, dozens of people I had never met before came up to congratulate us and all knew my son by name...... Apparently after he had cleaned out me, my wife and the team parents, he had started working the grandstands:eek:

OMG!!!! That is so funny!!! And embarrsing...:D

That is too funny! Well, at least he is very resourceful!!!

ROTFL -- that is hysterical. Now you will have something to hold over him when he is a teenager.

Yesterday, i was on vault and went to do a handspring half turn off, and i ran full pelt as fast as i could towards the spring board, and got my footing wrong or something - i don't even know! but i jumped really hard on the spring board and just fleeeew right over the vault my arms and legs waving everywhere, didnt even touch the vault, before landing flat on my face the other side!
My coach was laughing sooo much and i was almost crying from shock before seeing everyone laughing at me, and i then just burst out laughing xD
It was a kinda 'had to be there' moment so probably doesn't sound that funny, but it really was at the time!

Yesterday, i was on vault and went to do a handspring half turn off, and i ran full pelt as fast as i could towards the spring board, and got my footing wrong or something - i don't even know! but i jumped really hard on the spring board and just fleeeew right over the vault my arms and legs waving everywhere, didnt even touch the vault, before landing flat on my face the other side!
My coach was laughing sooo much and i was almost crying from shock before seeing everyone laughing at me, and i then just burst out laughing xD
It was a kinda 'had to be there' moment so probably doesn't sound that funny, but it really was at the time!

That is funny actually! One of my gymmie friends did that same thing, but during a yurchenko. I know sometimes thats a drill were you purposly miss your hands after the round-off part, but she totally didn't mean to! At first it was kinda scary cause we didn't know if she was ok, but after we found out she was we couldn't stop lauging! She ended up doing a perfectly fine yurchenko after. I guess that's one of her funny moments! :p

Does a gym mom one count?

I help out at my daughter's gym doing office stuff once a week. Tonight I was working on getting th team registered for all the upcoming meets, the last one that I was working on was for the gym in our town that many of the girls and guys changed from. I was also talking to another one of the gym moms at the same time when the phone rang, I picked it up and said the other gym's name, I was so ready to crawl under the desk when I did that one. Thank goodness it was the owners mom on the phone.

today we had our first meet of the season, just an intersquad, and i was on beam. I stuck my layout stepout by myself, then when i did my downdance which is just a handstand and then i go down to one knee on the beam, well, my knee slipped off the beam, and i crotched it... on my downdance! I can stick a layoutstepout, but i can't do a simple downdance!!! Well, all my teammates were rolling around on the floor laughing, and i still had to finish my routine!! Well i did finish it just fine, and even got a 8.6 with two falls. It was really funny!!:)

AAhhh which story to choose!!!!
Back when I was learning giants we had raised the low bar up so we could practice them with a spot and as I was going around for the second time I didn't have the power to get right back up to handstand. As I started coming back down I arched my back and my feet landed on the high bar and I got stuck in an overarch handstand between the bars and couldn't work out how to get down! My coaches were no help either until they had stopped laughing and got a camera to take a photo of it to tease me about later! I still have that photo!

AAhhh which story to choose!!!!
Back when I was learning giants we had raised the low bar up so we could practice them with a spot and as I was going around for the second time I didn't have the power to get right back up to handstand. As I started coming back down I arched my back and my feet landed on the high bar and I got stuck in an overarch handstand between the bars and couldn't work out how to get down! My coaches were no help either until they had stopped laughing and got a camera to take a photo of it to tease me about later! I still have that photo!

Haha - sometimes we try to do that on purpose but we can never do it, so that's some talent you got :p

The vault thing that i said about earlier, i did on trampette the other day...
i'd been on bars whilst everyone was on trampette for fun at the end then suddenly decided i wanted to do a front somersault, so i pulled my grips off and then ran towards the trampette but tripped up, jumped on the trampette and went flying through the air and i was waving my arms around to try stop myself landing on my face, whilst shouting 'AAAHH MY FAACCEE!' (before, you guessed it, landing on my face)
not only were my coach and my team mates laughing like crazy at me, but as it was at the end, all the parents were there who found it HILARIOUS!

At my first summer camp for the competitive team I was REALLY sweaty from a day-long camp with a big-time coach. My entire body was just DRENCHED in sweat (it was so disgusting lol) including my knees. As I slid down into my right leg splits my sweaty knee rubbed agains the floor and made a LOUD farting noise... needless to say everyone in the camp (aka all the older girls I was trying to impress with my great splits...) laughed until they cried.... including the big shot coach. yeah.

My most recent embarrassing moment was on floor, when we were warming up with basics... cartwheels, jump lunge ROs, jump lunge RO BHS, etc. I've always had kind of a weak jump lunge in comparison to others, and we were starting to do bigger skills (I think I was going for a layout or full), so I was really focused on the jump. Of course, I totally forgot to think about what the rest of my body was doing, so I jumped as hard as I could, caught the top of my dominant foot in the carpet, fell flat on my face, and slid for a few feet on my stomach. I had the exact same fall earlier this summer on a standing dive roll, so I guess the moral of the story is that I should always run into my passes.

Let's see here...

We were doing a rotation in which we were doing fronts into a resi. My mind was probably somewhere else completely and when I remembered what I was supposed to be doing I tripped and fell flat on my face XP. The coach I was with didn't know me all that well yet and only knew I was "that ballerina girl" who just came. So as I walked back in line he said "Wow, I've never seen a ballerina trip up like that." I guess it was pretty funny though, cuz I made him laugh and doesn't do so that often.

where do we even start? how about how i sprained my ankle right before sectionals because i tripped off a matt! not as bad as my sister, who was walking on the floor, just walking, and sprained her ankle badly. haha she got hurt, but afterwards we made fun of her. oh goodness the other day my coach wanted to show us how important it was to jump using your toes while jumping. so we had stacked up matts at the rod floor and he wanted us to jump up without bending our legs, with pointed toes and land on. well it was easy but some girls weren't doing it right. so he had me do an example of not doing it with my toes. big mistake, i ran jumped didn't get high enough, hit the matt with my knees and totally face planted it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back