Parents Motion wear sizing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

claudidoll

Proud Parent
Hey all

Just wondering if anyone knows how Motionwear compares to gk for sizing?

Our clubs summer training suits are coming from Motionwear and I was thinking of going with the cm....

DD wears cs or cm in Gk

DD likes Motionwear- it runs a big longer in the torso- good for girls who have short legs and long torsos. Completely different fit from GK. In GK DD wears a AXS or AS. In Motionwear their LC fits great. HTH. DD wears a size 10/12 in street clothes. DD is all torso.

We find Motionwear to run a lot skinnnier and somewhat longer than GK when you compare numerical sizes (not letters). My daughter seems to grow into the next leo size in the following brand order: Motionwear, then Snowflake and GK, then Destira. The size letters don't correspond exactly between Motionwear and GK because Motionwear makes an "intermediate" between the child small and child medium sizes. If your daughter is between a small and a medium in GK, I would go with an intermediate in Motionwear. But the best option would be to try and find a local shop that carries Motionwear and try on a style with a cut similar to that of the club leo.

We found that the intermediate size in motionwear was a great in between size small and medium in GK. My kids have longer torsos and have comfortably fit the intermediate size for over two years now. They are both in the mid40 pound range and wear size 5-6 clothes.

I agree that Motionwear runs one size larger than GK. However, I only buy the open-back style in Motionwear because there is some "give" to it and my gymmies don't come home with red marks around their shoulders. I'm not sure about the other styles. In the open-back style, my OG wears a CL in GK leos, but a MC in Motionwear. My YG wears a CM in GK leos, but IC (intermediate) in Motionwear. Even though the sizing is different, you will not be disappointed!

Thanks for the replies, maybe the intermediate will be fine...
I wish more companies would send out sizers, it would make moments like this less stressful

I have checked the size chart and according to the CI should be great, but according to GK's size chart she is a CS

I have checked the size chart and according to the CI should be great, but according to GK's size chart she is a CS
Remember though, with the GK size chart, they give 2 sizes... Competition Fit (sleek fit) and Workout Fit (growing room). I have found that growing room doesn't mean there is room to grow too much (not a saggy bottom or anything). We have found that Growing Room tends to be sleek enough to compete in.
Also, Motionwear IC overlaps GK Sleek Fit CXS / Growing Room CS to Sleek Fit CS / Growing Room CM.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back