Motionwear leotards?? Good or bad??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymchick14

I recently purchased a Motionwear leotard off of Ebay. It was really cute! I usually ONLY buy GK leotards, but this was too great of an offer to pass . Also one of my gym friends has some, and seems happy with their quality. Does anyone have any experience with these leotards or know info about this leos?
thanks

I haven't had any problems with the few that we have. The biggest difference I see is they tend to run a little bigger than GK.

I recently purchased a Motionwear leotard off of Ebay. It was really cute! I usually ONLY buy GK leotards, but this was too great of an offer to pass . Also one of my gym friends has some, and seems happy with their quality. Does anyone have any experience with these leotards or know info about this leos?
thanks

My DD has 2 of them and likes them. They do tend to run a little roomer than the GK leos which in one of the leos she has to get a little more bum to fit right LOL.

DD's favorite leos come from CL Activeware they tend to run a little smaller but she is slim so they fit better. She has one from Snowflake leotards too which she loves but they don't have a large selection.
Most come from GK though as that is what the gym sells and when they get a new shippment in she wants a new leotard which she can have is she spends her own money for it (from B-days or X mass etc)

We really like their leotards. DD's team leo this year was Motionwear, and it was really nice. The sizing is slightly different than GK, but they fit my DD very well. Since they are made locally, we can usually pick these up at some of the meets for a reduced price. Although I think the regular price is still less expensive than some of the other brands.

The only thing that I have not liked about the Motionwear leotards is some of the fabric. I have been disappointed twice now with 2 different polka dot leotards that we have bought. The polka dots faded almost immediately both times and are now almost non-existent, and this was with washing on cold and hanging to dry. I have not had any problems with any of their other fabrics. Therefore I have come to conclusion that I just won't buy any more Motionwear polka dotted leotards, no matter how cute they are. :D

My gymmie loves Motionwear---certainly has more of those than any other brand. Overall, I've been pleased with how they hold up.

Have also noticed a similar problem that Mom2 mentioned. Some of the foil leos fade if not treated very gently(have had this problem with GK too, so....).

I'll be the voice of dissent-- I hate how Motionwear fits because the elastic is too stretchy. Also, I know that a team near me had significant quality issues with one of their Motionwear competition leos-- their upper optionals were showing some judges how the front and back were asymmetrical, and I think there was also something wrong with the crystals.

Back in the old days when I was competing, my program director also ran a dance/gym wear store, and we got some of the first motionwear team leotards ever (and had some for three years after that).

THey're better than the first ones (which were..uh...short and fat) but they still don't fit girls of a certain build very well. This'd of course be my build...longish and leanish. Wedgie city. HATED those stinkin' leotards.

If they fit, they're really cute, but if they don't they're severely uncomfortable. Also, we always had Issues with the sleeves, but this was several years ago and they were just figuring out that Gymnasts Are Built Differently.

I have one from Motionwear that I got from Lake Owen last year. They look really nice at first but then the foil begins to fade if you use certain types of laundry detergent.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back