Parents Moving and seeking advice

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MILgymFAM

Proud Parent
So, we finally have the answer to the big question for my family- where are we moving next. Turns out we are moving to Joint Reserve Base Bolling/Anacostia, or Washington DC for short. Since my girls are scattershot over the gymnastics disciplines, I am looking for advice for any of the types of gyms/teams- rhythmic, T&T, artistic, or even acro.

We will likely live right on the base, so would be commuting from south of capital hill/ right across the river from Alexandria. For those who do not know us well, we would need gyms that would take my girls- that means fairly inclusive and not bogged down by preconceived ideas of ages or body types. They are low level for their ages, and don't look their parts. I welcome suggestions on here or via pm. I am willing to commute up to 45 mins and up to 70 mins if the gym has more than one discipline- I'm all for bundling!

Thank you!

Welcome to my world! Did you know they once changed their minds after we had packed everything we owned and I had quit my job. That was frustrating! This time they only changed their minds about 40 miles, to Quantico.

On that note, if anyone knows anything about Novaks Gymnastics or Gymnastics World, I'd love a scoop.

Reactions: sce
Welcome to my world! Did you know they once changed their minds after we had packed everything we owned and I had quit my job. That was frustrating! This time they only changed their minds about 40 miles, to Quantico.

On that note, if anyone knows anything about Novaks Gymnastics or Gymnastics World, I'd love a scoop.
One of my brothers was Navy and had the same issues.

Quantico changes your options somewhat but could put Richmond into play?

Reactions: sce
Loveofu started in that area, I would send her a PM. If I'm not mistaken she started at Novaks and was at Capital.

One of my brothers was Navy and had the same issues.

Quantico changes your options somewhat but could put Richmond into play?

Definitely not Richmond. Looks to be about 80 miles, and I hear traffic around the base is rough. My husband and I share a car, so I have to be thoughtful of his needs too.

We competed against a few gyms from up there when we lived up that way... Dont know much about Novaks but the name is familiar. Im not sure how close Apollo, Chantilly, or Capital is to where you will be living, but maybe check them out.. Good luck!

Thanks. We shall cast a wide net and see what we catch. I've only found one T&T gym and one rhythmic gym, so if anyone has anything to add there it would be very welcome.

So, we finally have the answer to the big question for my family- where are we moving next. Turns out we are moving to Joint Reserve Base Bolling/Anacostia, or Washington DC for short. Since my girls are scattershot over the gymnastics disciplines, I am looking for advice for any of the types of gyms/teams- rhythmic, T&T, artistic, or even acro.

We will likely live right on the base, so would be commuting from south of capital hill/ right across the river from Alexandria. For those who do not know us well, we would need gyms that would take my girls- that means fairly inclusive and not bogged down by preconceived ideas of ages or body types. They are low level for their ages, and don't look their parts. I welcome suggestions on here or via pm. I am willing to commute up to 45 mins and up to 70 mins if the gym has more than one discipline- I'm all for bundling!

Thank you!

Apollo in Woodbridge may be a good place to start. I've seen them at meets and they seem like a good gym.

I do feel your pain! We'll be moving to Finland soon and my daughter is hoping to compete there. Nothing is as frustrating as having to find a new gym every time a move happens!

Nothing is as frustrating as having to find a new gym every time a move happens!
You probably wouldn't say that if you hired the same moving company we had. Stuff got broken, lost. Doors, furniture got banged up. But we moved before my dd was into gymnastics so I guess I can't really compare.

You probably wouldn't say that if you hired the same moving company we had. Stuff got broken, lost. Doors, furniture got banged up. But we moved before my dd was into gymnastics so I guess I can't really compare.

We had movers once pack a spare tire from storage in a box with my YDDs clothes (plus numerous things broken and "lost")! After that we started always moving ourselves.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back