WAG Moving from Texas to Tennessee

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Faith5

Proud Parent
Gymnast
We are moving from Texas to Tennessee and our Level 7 daughter needs a new gym. Any and ALL advice/gym recs needed...hard to leave everything she's ever known but hopeful her training will continue uninterrupted. Big decisions ahead and would appreciate all your help.

Reactions: sce
The first thing people will need to know is where in Tennessee are you moving? Good luck! Transitions can be hard but wonderful.

Nashville area.
We visit next week.
Thanks for your guidance.
Traffic in/around Nashville can be pretty crazy at times. Fortunately there are some really good gyms in several directions. I know a few very vague details about a couple, but I am almost 100% certain there is a Chalkbucket member in that area, I just can't remember who.

Traffic in/around Nashville can be pretty crazy at times. Fortunately there are some really good gyms in several directions. I know a few very vague details about a couple, but I am almost 100% certain there is a Chalkbucket member in that area, I just can't remember who.
Ascarter is I think, and if my memory is right, she loves her girl’s gym! :)

Ascarter is I think, and if my memory is right, she loves her girl’s gym! :)
Hey! That’s me! :);):);)

I’m a Tennessee girl! But I’m in Chattanooga.

There are a lot of great gyms in the Nashville area! You can message me if you would like to talk more about it!

I did some searching and I think maybe it's lhmom who is from that area? I feel like there used to be a group of them but I'm not sure who else is still active.

I did some searching and I think maybe it's lhmom who is from that area? I feel like there used to be a group of them but I'm not sure who else is still active.

Hi!
I'm sure it's probably obvious I'm new to posting and replying and not really sure I'm doing it correctly...but I am so very thankful for those that posted a response to my plea and I am truly grateful for any advice/guidance. I don't know how to message anyone but I do really need to chat with the mom y'all identified as a TN mom :) and I'm equally available to chat with anyone curious about Texas gymnastics...I am quite versed on that topic!

To message someone click on their name and when the box opens click start a conversation. :)

I am in TN but not from the Nashville area (we are in the eastern part of the state). To the OP, my dtr left the sport a few years ago so I am “out of the loop” where gyms are concerned. However, if I were you, I would see how the Nashville gyms did at State and Regionals this season (Region 8), That ought to give you some ideas. And it really depends on where you will be living in Nashville because of commute times. Some of the good gyms I remember are in the suburbs of Nashville. Good luck on your move and your gym search!

We leave tomorrow to visit Nashville. I left message for Ascarter, but I'm not sure she's gotten it? If anyone is available to chat with me about what to do when changing states/gyms please contact me. Thank you to everyone who has replied. Everything you add helps tremendously.

We are moving from Texas to Tennessee and our Level 7 daughter needs a new gym. Any and ALL advice/gym recs needed...hard to leave everything she's ever known but hopeful her training will continue uninterrupted. Big decisions ahead and would appreciate all your help.
Wow! That is awesome! We've been trying to move to Texas for years. My husband even got a job with his company in Texas but his boss stopped it. Our two daughters went to a camp at WOGA and they were great. Our older daughter tried out at Texas Dreams at the same time and got in. She is very knowledgeable about the best clubs.If your moving to the Dallas/Fort Worth area, Texas Dreams is in Coppell sort of in between Dallas and Fort Worth. WOGA has two or three locations in the area and Metroplex is also very good and is North East of Dallas. Texas Dreams is their main dream. Blessings to you Faith5!

If you are still looking for a gym, Magnitude does very well and Let it shine I believe. We are W TN. Wish we had better gym options!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back