Parents Moving from Xcel to JO and back to Xcel

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MidwesternGymMom

Proud Parent
Just curious because this question came up at a recent meet...one team had gymnasts compete Xcel Diamond last season. They then competed Level 7 at a meet in December 2018 and back to Xcel Diamond at a meet held January 2019. Are there rules around mobility between Xcel and Level 7 within a season or can you can continue to move between as the season progresses? Just wondering if there are rules/guidelines and if they are then eligible for Xcel or JO states/regionals.

Reactions: sce
I am pretty sure that they’re allowed to move back and forth, but can only compete one state meet.
Thank you! So interesting. I guess I am not sure what the benefit is of moving back and forth within a season. In this instance, both Xcel and JO divisions were offered at both meets so that wasn’t the issue. I am sure the gym has a reason. It will be interesting g to see which state meet option they choose. Thanks for the response!

It is possible they just wanted to see what score they would get in L7? Not sure why but maybe they were considering switching them

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back