WAG Moving from Xcel to JO

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All4thekids

Proud Parent
looking for advise on how to help my daughter move from Xcel to JO. She’s never competed any other group. So far I’ve been told she has to stay in her last competitive level upon looking into a new gym for her. Why would that be? Can’t she start at a level 4 if she has the skills, which she does? I’m so confused! TIA

Yes she can start at Level 4. Was this just a conversation or did they actually assess her skills?

Yes she can start at Level 4. Was this just a conversation or did they actually assess her skills?
I’m not sure you could say they assessed her. They let her train with the Xcel group. Which consisted of some bars a few things on beam and conditioning. She’s a Platinum and has no shame in starting over.

And how old is she? If she’s in high school she can also petition into optionals.
She will be entering high school but it has been mentioned that she test out of 4&5. Unfortunately this new gym doesn’t want her training with their level 6 group. She does not have a cast to hand stand but is super close. I’m just not sure how training with the Xcel group will push her to get what she needs to move over. The gym talks about form but the Xcel group does not push that. I’m at a loss honestly.

We also only moved gyms due to distance. I could no longer make the trip with another new competing athlete in the family

My daughter went through the same. She switched gyms and was only invited to Xcel Silver even though she was hoping to do JO 4 had she stayed at her old gym. However, even though she was only suited for their Xcel team at that point, they listened to her goals and did successfully work with her enough that she was able to move to JO Level 5 six months after that season ended.

Are they saying they would be willing to help her reach her JO goals or are they saying she will stay Xcel forever there?

if they say they are willing to try and push her to JO, then I’d be willing to give it a try. I mean, most gyms truly want everyone to reach their maximum potential. Know what I mean?

My daughter went through the same. She switched gyms and was only invited to Xcel Silver even though she was hoping to do JO 4 had she stayed at her old gym. However, even though she was only suited for their Xcel team at that point, they listened to her goals and did successfully work with her enough that she was able to move to JO Level 5 six months after that season ended.

Are they saying they would be willing to help her reach her JO goals or are they saying she will stay Xcel forever there?

At first they said there would no movement possible in the off season but then I called the owner at the advise of another gym Mom. I explained my daughters goals and she said she’d talk to the coaches and she would be worked with. My daughter is ok with competing diamond this next year as long as there is a plan for JO after that.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back