WAG Moving to NorCal! Advice needed for gyms for Level 9!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I don't know much about the gyms down that way. There are two that I've heard of Rising Star and Monterey Bay Academy of Gymnastics. I don't know if they have level 9. The stronger programs are much further north.

I don't know much about the gyms down that way. There are two that I've heard of Rising Star and Monterey Bay Academy of Gymnastics. I don't know if they have level 9. The stronger programs are much further north.
Thank you so much for the reply! How far north are you talking about? How about San Jose area?

In the greater Monterey area, Elite Gymnastics in Salinas usually has the biggest optional program, usually 8 to 10 at level 8+, maybe 2 or 3 level 9/10. Airborne in Santa Clara and West Valley in Campbell are the closest programs with significant optional teams.

Reactions: sce
Monterey is a beautiful area to live, by the way. Just expect a commute to get to a high level optional gymnastics program.

Reactions: sce
Thanks! I tried to look on the website for coaches information for Airborne and West Valley, but not much there. Any comments on that would be greatly appreciated!!

Airborne has a huge optional team, have been successful for a long time, know many gymnasts who commute a long ways to train there. West Valley has 2 great optional coaches, they also do hopes and junior elite, but their optional program has been smaller of late, I think by choice so they can coach the whole group, so can't really say how open they are to new gymnasts. But I wouldn't hesitate to recommend either program, would encourage giving both a tryout.

I believe Emma Malabuyo was at Airborne before Texas Dreams. Please note though that Airborne is over an hour away form Monterey in good traffic, rush hour will add to the driving time.

You guys are awesome! What is the coaching philosophy like at Airborne?
The things I know about it are that it is a high hours gym that chooses team kids young. From what I can tell they do well, nice form etc, but don't know specifically about coaching.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back