Parents Moving to northern Virginia

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mommy25qtpies

Proud Parent
We just found out we will be relocating to the northern Virginia area from Virginia beach, VA this summer . My daughter is a level 3 and I'm hoping to get recommendations on gyms in our new area. We will be north of Dulles Airport. The Ashburn area. Thanks in advance.

Jennifer

How far are you willing to drive and what are you looking for (an established optional program, Xcel possibility, just looking for a level 3 or 4 team for now?). There are several possible gyms so people might be able to answer about gyms that are a better fit.

An established optional program would be preferred but don't mind worrying about level 3 & 4 right now and switching later. Would prefer to avoid the heavy traffic. I know capital gym is there but worried the drive would be hell.

My nieces are not on team but have taken classes and done camps at Loudoun Gymnastics for several years and they love it there!

Definitely check distance, but my recommendation would be Apex for that area if it works. Dulles is mostly an Xcel program (or at least has been), so the track may be a consideration. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions on specific gyms. If you haven't, take a look at scores from last year's state meet on vausag.com. Don't overly focus on scores -- look at the size of the programs (USAG v. JO, compulsory v. optionals). Best scores aren't necessarily best fit.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back