WAG Moving up levels

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It would need to be a USAG sactioned meet and you would need to meet the minimum required score for each level. So you could could compete once as a level 4, hit the score, then in the same meet compete level 5 hit the score, then you could compete level 6 after that. Level six isn't required so technically after hitting the level 5 score in a sanctioned meet you could do level 6 or level 7.

Any gymnast who has had previous competitive experience in any system (including USA Gymnastics) and who is a minimum of 14 years of age OR is at least a freshman in High School is eligible to petition by submitting a formal written request to the State Administrative Committee for entry into Level 7 and below. The petition must be accompanied by a video that demonstrates her skill level.

I think in the other thread you said your daughter is 13, so maybe one option is competing Xcel for this year and petitioning into level 7 next year.

My daughter competed level 4 at a morning session meet and level 5 in afternoon session, so only took one day.
In theory, same concept and would have to compete a level 6 meet within that month and score above 32AA, but I also believe you can move from level 5 to 7 and skip level 6 as long as you have all of the requirements for that level.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back