Mustafina Diva Love!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm sure i'm in the minority here, but I LOVE Aliya Mustafina. Her bar routine final and floor routine final were gorgeous. Some of the prettiest and most graceful gymnastics i've seen. And, I have to admit, I love her attitude. I feel great passion helps the sport and is necessary to stand up to coaches at times.

She is a gorgeous gymnast, no doubt about it. The Russian floor routines in general are very artistic, gorgeous lines and movements. I feel the sport is moving away from that, and it is ashame. But I just can't support anyone who feels she is better than another. Also by slpping her coach away, I find it very disrespectful. The coach should have handled that years ago, so I partially blame him for not reeling in the attitudes. That sort of behavior would not fly in our gym.

I also like Mustafina's style and was rooting for her over Komova, especially in bars. I seem to recall an interview with the Russian coaches somewhere that eluded to her Diva qualities and they seem to believe it goes hand in hand with excellence. Essentially, you need to think that you are "all that and a bag of chips" to really perform that way!

Her bars in EF were amazing!!!!

She is my favourite gymnast ever! I love her and her gymnastics is beautiful to watch in fact the entire russian team has beautiful gymnastics :) Top two favourite gymnasts are Aliya and Vika :)

I'm sure i'm in the minority here, but I LOVE Aliya Mustafina. Her bar routine final and floor routine final were gorgeous. Some of the prettiest and most graceful gymnastics i've seen. And, I have to admit, I love her attitude. I feel great passion helps the sport and is necessary to stand up to coaches at times.

ain't she something? i particularly liked the part where she swatted her coaches arm away after beam. i wet myself i laughed so hard. LOL.:)

I know this is trivial - but I liked the way she wore glitter spray in her hair just like all the little girls at our gym! Even big girls can wear glitter spray!

I also loved her gymnastics style. I must admit I do prefer the grace and fluidity and artistic choreography of the European gymnasts.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back