My daughter had her 2nd competition of the season today

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

And it didn't start well at all, resulting in ending last.:bawling:

She started on bars and she finally mastered the kip last Wednesday. And she was being a little stubborn and adamant to put that element in. With warming up, she did it, but on the competition, it didn't work. Then she had to do her dismount a summersault off. Which has troubled her before, but has been fine with it lately. But she started doing bars with grips on her hands since january and it feels different and this time she felt it was moving on her hands,so she refused her dismount and went to try it again. And did it, but the assistant trainer helped her, so touched her, so lots of deduction. I think the worth of her exercise would probably have been 3.300, not sure, if all had gone right. But it ended up being a lot less and also instead of her deductions going off a 10, it went off a 6, because of the elements not working.

Her other 3 routines were pretty good really, but she never recovered from this. And ended as last. She was very upset about this of course.

She is okay now, but you know how it goes, you regret the decision to do that bit, angry with yourself, disappointed, etc.

Now we just have to wait till next week to find out if she will be going to the regionals. If they look at both competitions and take average of both, there is no way she will make it. But if they look at having won a medal, she could still be in it. She thinks she won't be. So we will wait and see.

I was also filming other girls from her group. And exactly at her floor exericise, my batteries were empty.:loser: Man, so annoying, so I don't have her floor at all. Her beam went all right and she did land her cartwheel-round off on it this time.:applause: But her handstand wasn't too good, so probably not counted. And her vault went all right too.

She has had troubles with her shin the last 2 weeks, so I think I wll be taking her to the doctor next week, just to be sure, it isn't anything serious.

The ups an downs of this sport. Tell her congrats on trying the kip--that was a big step. Keeping fingers crossed that they will send her to the regional meet.

That is for sure. I told her, that is part of this sport. You can have good days, but when you need to show your stuff, it can go bad. It's already so wonderful she finally got to do the kip, she has wanted that for so long. And I hadn't seen it yet, and eventhough it was with bend knees, she did it and that is a big achievement.

She actually also had a fall. During her beam warm up, she did the round off and her trainer was there, but she landed on one foot and fell a bit weird and hit her head on the hard ground. She has had a bit of a headache off and on, and went to bed just now with a paracetamol. Hope she will be okay. Monday I will take her to the doctor to check things out with her shin, which has been bothering her for 2 weeks now.

I'm crossing my fingers for her too. I hope she feels better and the doctor can let you know how her shin is.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back