WAG My daughter has all of her skills- to repeat Level 4. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter did an open gym this weekend and she is hitting her low bar kip and jump to high bar kip 90%+. She proudly explained to me that she has all of her skills. Teasing her, I said, "Congratulations, sweetie! You have all of the skills you need- to repeat Level 4!"

She scrunched her face up and said, "You know it's moving UP, Dad!" It was so cute. I'm super excited for what I'm almost certain will be new Level 4 for her next season!!!

The jump to the high bar kip is usually the last skill of them all to come for "the new L4". Congrats to your DD for getting it this far in advance...:)

It's funny how strong her bar skills have become. That was her biggest weakness in Level 3.

Bars is like that. Some kids that are super strong and pick up the entry level bars skills seem to not understand how to really SWING bars as they progress. Some that struggle on the early skills that are pure strength do much better as they get to the skills that are more swing/technique/timing.

AmandaLynn- I used to try so hard to understand it. I've given up and just enjoy the ride now. Nothing ever made sense when I tried to reason it out. ;)

ha, i love how at dd's gym it seems that all girls are all focused on not moving "down" a level a.k.a. repeating a level next year.. great motivation!

Bars is like that. Some kids that are super strong and pick up the entry level bars skills seem to not understand how to really SWING bars as they progress. Some that struggle on the early skills that are pure strength do much better as they get to the skills that are more swing/technique/timing.

Fits dd to a "t". Struggled with bars early on due to strength issues but is a natural swinger. Kip, free hips, giants, dismount just come naturally to her. Rhythm has never been a strong point for her but its different on bars. She just "gets" it... only time will tell with the release skills, where rhythm and timing is more essential...

Sent from my AT100 using ChalkBucket mobile app

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back