My dd got her Mill Circle!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

i just want to share some exciting news!! my dd is is 5 years old and is a beginner level 3 at her gym. they have been working on all kinds of level 3 skills. A few weeks ago she got her bridge kickover on floor and chin pulllover on the bars. Just this past week, she just got her mill circle almost all by herself! Her coach told me afterwards that she was the first one in her group to get it with straight legs and she got to show the other girls how to do it during practice!

I am just so super excited for her. She has never had a meet yet, but they will start in a few months. I really don't know what to expect, but I am very excited that she is working hard and getting her skills so well.

As a newbie to competitive gymnastics, I just wanted to share the good news with some fellow gymnastics people. :eek:)

Wow! Awesome job little gymmie- my DD is also 5 years old and will be competing level 4 when she finally turns that magic number 6! What a great week for your DD!:D

That is super news !! That pesky mill circle can really drive ya crazy. Glad she picked it up quickly - we were not so lucky here - took DD 6 months :eek:

Awesome!! She sounds like she is flying along!!!:D
We are stuck on the mill circle here...very tricky stuff!!!!

Congrats to your little one. It is so much fun watching them get new skills isn't it :)

Thanks to our creator

I just wanted to add something to my original post. I have posted this link to brag on my dd. however, I really want to stress that God has given her the natural talent and she just uses it to her full potential. The credit must be given to our creater. He has really blessed her in this way.

That's is awesome, my DD said that the shoot-thru(sp) and mill circle were the hardest thing for her to learn. I've heard some of the higher level girls say the same thing. lilgymmom, sounds like you have caught the gymnastics bug....it's great sport for us spectators and as well as our dd as they learn about adversity and how to follow through. Good Luck

That's awesome. Mill circles are one of thoses skills that either you have it, or it takes forever!

that is GOOD news! That mill circle can be a real bugger to finally master and your DD seemed to do it so quickly!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back