MAG My Favorite part of this sport

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
sigh. You can watch the video or just play it and listen to it. The skill, to me, is amazing, but the best part is the team. This is camp week, and the entire team is there (about 55ish boys). Almost all of them stopped to watch and cheer. To me, THIS Is what any sport is all about. Not the placements, or the medals, but the camaraderie and sportsmanship.

I missed it, but am so glad that they were filming camp stuff for the website, so I was able to enjoy this moment too!

We got a bell lately. When someone gets something for the first time, they get to ring it and everyone will clap. It's so cute how an maybe a bit insecure 7 year old will go up to that bell, and when everyone claps she gets a big smile on her face.

When one of the coaches rings it though, there's coffee for all of them

That is awesome! The support these kids give each other is great. We have a bell at our gym also and it’s great to see how everyone reacts one someone rings it.

My youngest came over to watch the video and he kept calling his biggest brother’s name. Not quite two years old, so he doesn’t quite understand me saying that’s not him and he can’t do that move yet.

As a fan, this is one of my favorite things about men's gymnastics. Guys in the NCAA and even at Worlds cheering on, encouraging, and appreciating their both own teammates and competitors on other teams.

I've seen NCAA meets where coaches on one team were giving technique tips to gymnasts from the opposing team during warm ups. I've Uchimura cheering and encouraging the guys on his own team who eventually beat him.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back