My first meet as an adult...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So...I went to my first gymnastics meet as an adult this past weekend in North Carolina. I can't believe how much fun it was. We rotated with a younger group of Mod-Ops and they were so supportive of us. It was great.
Here are my results...8.8 on floor - 1st place, 8.7 on beam - 1st place, 7.9 on bars - 2nd place, 8.8 on vault - 2nd place, 34.2 all around - 1st place

I can't wait to compete again...

meet

Hi Gr8flipR,

Congratulations on doing so well. Did they have a separate category at the meet for adults, or did you just compete with everyone else? Did you feel 'weird' at all being a little older than the other gymnasts? How were the spectators?

I wonder if this adult gymnastics thing is going to take off. I think more adults have been introduced to gymnastics skills through the Crossfit program and I am hopeful that more adults find this tremendous sport.

I've been trying to talk my daughter into participating as well - problem is she's 16 and she doesn't want to enter a basic class with really young kids. She'll be old enough for the adult class in a couple of years though...

Jerry

So...I went to my first gymnastics meet as an adult this past weekend in North Carolina. I can't believe how much fun it was. We rotated with a younger group of Mod-Ops and they were so supportive of us. It was great.
Here are my results...8.8 on floor - 1st place, 8.7 on beam - 1st place, 7.9 on bars - 2nd place, 8.8 on vault - 2nd place, 34.2 all around - 1st place

I can't wait to compete again...

great job! was it weird to be back up on beam without other beams next to you? that kind of freaked me out last year.

This is one reason why I really find beam hard to do at meets...the worst part is having it be the only beam. I feel like I'm waving in the breeze up there. My mind is very linear, so like I need the mats under the beam lined up perfectly straight to feel comfortable, and having those beams in my peripheral vision makes it easier for some reason. Its not so much being up there all alone, its the lines.

great job! was it weird to be back up on beam without other beams next to you? that kind of freaked me out last year.

I will take pictures of beams, and enlarge them for you to put up to make it look like you have beams all around you if you want:D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back