My girl's bars from today!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

No there is nothing but I hear they have not been giving out many 9s. Not sure if tough scoring or if everyone is having one of those days!
In the Level 9 session yesterday, there were only 2 9's total, both were on vault, a 9.075 and a 9.025. first on floor was an 8.75, first on Beam was an 8.925 and first on bars was an 8.90. I was told it was pretty tough judging.

No there is nothing but I hear they have not been giving out many 9s. Not sure if tough scoring or if everyone is having one of those days!

First year of JO, plus Quebec still uses the CPP, so I imagine the judges are being very tough with deductions. As long as it is across the board it is good.

The scores don't look too out of line with those posted at the ontario qualifiers for the 10-12 yr old level 9s this year. There were two sessions of level 9s yesterday and one group had significantly more 9+ scores and higher overall scores than the other group. Just looks like an uneven split of talent/skill, that's all.

Small groups for Gymnix. In years past the groups usually have 20-30 girls in them. I guess they are going more US style.

But why don't they post the scores?!

They have some scores up on the website now. Even some from today!

As for the group sizes, there is a tendency over the last couple years here in Ontario for many of the bigger clubs to only send national and level 9/10 girls instead of a full JO team. I think that has impacted numbers.

They have some scores up on the website now. Even some from today!

As for the group sizes, there is a tendency over the last couple years here in Ontario for many of the bigger clubs to only send national and level 9/10 girls instead of a full JO team. I think that has impacted numbers.

Even last year groups were larger. You can check results. But then Gymnix was using the CPP age groupings. Argo, Tyro, Novice, Senior.

Another question about gymnix. I was wondering if there are pictures for this year that we can order.

No pictures at gymnix. Warren tried it one year and it was a disaster for him. As they do not assign numbers to the athletes it was really hard for him to follow. He said never again.

Another question about gymnix. I was wondering if there are pictures for this year that we can order.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back