my gym is moving!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It's going to be a bigger space but just as crouded because we are getting lots of new equipment! The tumble trac came in yesterday and all next week is moving week. It will be a longer drive for me, but as I'm going to college in six weeks and the world doesn't seem to revolve around me it doesn't really matter.

I am definitatly excited for the new gym but I was feeling a little nostalgic for the room I have spent the last 8 years learning 6 different levels of gymnastics. I made the cutest video when I got home too! It took me less than a day and I love how it turned out!
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_DJ6RhyPVAY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_DJ6RhyPVAY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I learned a very very important lesson while moving everything yesterday. GYMNASTICS EQUIPMENT DOES NOT BELONG ON THE THIRD FLOOR. As fun as it was pushing resi mats down two flights of stairs and lowering four beams out the window and off the roof, it took 9 1/2 hours and three loads in a 26 foot Uhaul to get everything to the new gym. I have never been so tired in my entire life! There will be pictures later :)

cute video! I used that song for the falls/bloopers song for our team video a few years ago. It's perfect. And you had to help them move! Wow--that's dedication.

Love it!

It's really nice that you're helping your gym move even though you're headed off to college. :] I bet they really appreciate the help.

By the way, I love your video!!!!:eek:

I remembered when we moved gyms, and just when we rearranged our gym.
The stuff is so extremely heavyy haha, after that we all told our coaches we arent conditioning for a week hahah.
And the carpet for the floor, how the heck is it that heavy hahaha

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back