My project...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MaryA

Proud Parent
Proud Parent

Phew... I am having a heck of a time posting pictures! Even though they're saved as jpg and reduced in size, I keep getting an error message. Saved them to photobucket. Let's see if this works!

This was my weekend project. The lower bar was added when the single-bar attempt was not structurally sound. Total cost, about $25.

I've been wanting to get my DD a floor bar for some time, but the $100+ price-tag seemed excessive. A wood-working project, however simple, seemed daunting. Working with PVC is just like using big constructo-straws! I did glue the pieces together with PVC glue after I had a working design.

Disclamer: my DD is only about 65 pounds, so I'm not sure what the weight limit would be on something like this. Let's just say that I'm not going to try it.

Wow- a very impressive DIY project!

Just curious, what is a floor bar for? Strength/conditioning? I'm sure your dd is thrilled.

You can make paralettes too (so like two separate small bars). It's really good for handstands and presses because it is not so hard on the wrists for most people.

Wow- a very impressive DIY project!

Just curious, what is a floor bar for? Strength/conditioning? I'm sure your dd is thrilled.

Well, I'm hoping she'll use it to practice squat-ons. Also handstands and such.

She had a set of paralettes that came with a pull-up bar that we bought, but one of them broke. I'm sure she'd like to have another set. Maybe when I feel another burst of creative energy coming on!

Fantastic idea! I may also have to copy cat ;) DD is working on straddle handstands & squat-on's - I know she would love to have a floor bar, esp. when she asks, "Can I work some basics, Mom?" We have a no flight rule in our house. The kid can walk across a 4 in beam but stubs her toe almost everyday walking down the stairs! ;) Great job, Mary!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back