My Realy Bad Rips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ok so, I was at gym the on Friday and I had tape on my wrists because they were starting to hurt, so later that day I took off the tape and I looked down at my wrist and there were HUGE rips on them. They hurt really, really, really bad!!! I never had this happen to me before. I don't know what I could have done to cause it. So right now I am iceing my wrists and I'm not sure if I should go to gym on Monday.

Is this normal or did I just do something wrong?

Here are some pictures of my rips ~
http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu121/gymnast_erica/rips-1.jpg

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu121/gymnast_erica/rips2.jpghttp://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu121/gymnast_erica/MattieLarson-OlympicHopes_0002.jpg

Last edited:
A poor tape job can definitely give you wrist rips, especially if you didn't use pre-wrap! I swear by balloons when I have wrist rips-- find some big balloons and tape them over your rips (pre-wrap generally isn't needed for this because you have an extra layer between your skin and the tape). Instead of your wristbands/grips rubbing your wrists, the balloon will rub itself.

ouch!! that looks like it hurts!
i have never seen anyone get wrist rips before!
you should probably use pre wrap...
were you on bars?
because maybe your grips were rubbing your wrist to hard...

isnt that mattie larson ive seen that in a video..
but for rips on wrists: wear cotton wrist bands, usually takes care of it pretty good. if that doesnt work or you have to tape your wrists put pre wrap underneath the tape.
after rips..put Vaseline or lotion or something on them so they dont dry out.

~arya

oooh! i can give the answer for this one!! i used to rip on my wrists every day and i tried EVERYTHING! what i do for bars is i tape cosmetic pads on to my wrists where i rip. i don't use the cotton ones i use like the foam ones. these don't rub like pre wrap and they are a lot softer! i havent riped since i started useing them.

OUCH!!! Yeah, you can definetly tell some rubbing occured. Make sure to put pre-wrap, but more importantly, make sure there are absolutely NO bumps at all. Your tape needs to be super smooth, especially doing bars or something that uses a lot of rubbing, it's important that there is very little for your skin to rub with.

omg, im so sorry, my sister got on here and replied to the past couple of comments. i have rips that look similar to it, and i just found those and so that is why i said that that is what my rips look like. so yeah, im sorry my sister is only 7 and she didn't understand. so i hope you don't get the impresion that i am trying to be someone that i am not.

I have never seen wrist rips before! Ouchies.

I used to put teabags on mine, but I'm not sure how that would work on wrists! Did you have your grips and wristbands on? Thick woolly socks with the toes cut off work great :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back